Unsung Forum »
The worst CD ever?

75 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3681 posts

Re: Opinions are like assholes . . .
Feb 08, 2009, 09:02
Horses for courses, I love Sinead O'Connor but I think the reggae album stinks to high heaven, imho it shows all the weaknesses in her voice, her range is totally unsuitable for the songs and it adds absolutely nothing to the originals.
Same with the Patti Smith album, bad song choice, lousy polished production and again nothing added to the songs.
As for Chris De Burgh, as a youth I had a best of that I enjoyed on a sunny afternoon with a few pints, but again IMHO he represents everything that is wrong with a certain type of musician, he hit it big with Lady In Red and has stuck with the same gloopy formula since, Celine Dion may have millions of fans but I have read interviews where she has said she has no interest in music, therefore I have no interest in her, though I'm still impressed by the fact that the released version of the Titanic song was only the 3rd time she ever sang it. Music is objective, and I have no quarrel with for want of a better word MOR, but I can happily listen to The Who by Numbers or Supertramps Even In The Quietest moment and know they were made to be listened to by people who wanted a bit of something more relaxed, whereas I cannot for the life of me see what for example anyone can see in a Coldplay record, or even anything by AC/DC in the last 20 years as it's just pap by numbers
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index