The worst CD ever?

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3681 posts

Re: The worst CD ever?
Feb 15, 2009, 17:36
Shelby Mustang wrote:
have always admired her voice, she's got a throat tube made of old leather. never have seen her miss a note she was going for. so my opinion of the drivel she released is purely on a musical level.

it.is.fucking.shit.

Just because you can hit the right note, play a squillion notes a second, know what a Gsharpminor7sus9 is or understand J*zz doesn't always = class

Shelby Mustang wrote:
dismal covers abound all over it and the musicianship is average and the production is attrocious

seems to be a common thread here, nowt worse than a bad cover, you do wonder why people bother, dunno if you've heard Patti Smith doing Stevie Wonder, it's a big mistake, sometimes you have to face the fact that you can't bend a tune to fit your voice

Shelby Mustang wrote:
apologies for easing your thread away from the subject brother x

I'm all for a bit of thread bending , half the fun of this place, especially as originally it was about Chris De Burgh which is not a very savory subject
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Feb 16, 2009, 07:07
my old band had a development deal with planet three records at olympia studios and De Burgh was recording an album there. all the other famous people would slum it in the canteen George Michael was in there in sunglasses, Seal moseyed through in sunglasses, Daltrey was the boy he even told me i had a cracking singing voice... highest point of my life ... but De Burgh wanted nothing to do with any of it and ordered his scran and drink in and when he was seen it was a case of 'don't even look at me' very odd fella.

JK was an utter cunt but that really is another story by the river side.

i've never liked Patti Smith really
zerkalo
zerkalo
488 posts

Feb 16, 2009, 08:03
up until yesterday I thought that horrible The Killers single "Human" was Chris De Burgh
Pilgrim
Pilgrim
597 posts

Feb 16, 2009, 12:51
Oh my....

Here it comes.... trouble.....

I once purchased an album by the Secret Machines. I played it once and took it back (so quickly that the bloke in the CD shop thought I'd taken it home, burnt a copy and come back for a refund!) I'm sorry, but it was AWFUL.

I realise that there are some on this board who are believers/followers of the above, but I hereby avow that I'm not.

Peace

Pilgrim

X
supercat
supercat
4257 posts

Feb 16, 2009, 17:07
Hee! i remember that. ;D xx
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index