they are indeed, groovy little fuckers ain't they

They are indeed :-)
machineryelf
3681 posts

Moomins In Wonderland
Feb 09, 2009, 17:02
http://www.zepe.de/tjillu/alice/index.html

& the hobbit

keep meaning to get the Moomin comic books but get sidetracked by shiny things that go BBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Re: The worst CD ever?
Feb 09, 2009, 17:07
I'd missed this post for quite a long time. Could have been longer.

I assume that you've already been to the cloakroom?
keith a
9574 posts

Feb 09, 2009, 18:19
Of coures it's times like that when you wish you had a CDB record in your collection to wake Mr Tones up with the next morning!
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Re: Moomins In Wonderland
Feb 10, 2009, 10:34
I didn't know she'd done illustrations for Alice - those are splendid! I'd love an original of one of her drawings or paintings, I wonder how much that sort of thing goes for?
machineryelf
3681 posts

Feb 10, 2009, 15:02
Shw has 3 books worth of the moomin comic strip, so I would imagine original artwork wouldn't be hard to get hold of, the colour illustrations used on the front of the books are probably well out of our price range,plus I can't imagine that Mrs Elf would be overly happy with a picture of a comet threatening earth over the mantle piece, however tastefully Scandanavian it is
Tried googling but had no luck, so maybe I'm wrong.Is she still alive, I doubt it as I remember her being quite elderly when I was a kid, maybe you could send her a letter, Dear Tove, can I have a picture SAE & piece of paper enclosed, I might try that with Clive Barker, always wanted one of his originals too
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Feb 10, 2009, 15:07
Sadly dead since 2001.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tove_Jansson
zerkalo
zerkalo
488 posts

Feb 10, 2009, 15:34
Jim Tones wrote:

"Spanish Train & Other Stories" by yup....Chris De Burgh!

The actual 'Spanish Train' track, really has to be heard, it's so terrrible it's beyond belief- the 'lyrics' involve someone playing cards with the devil on a train and the way it's sung is so cringe-inducing that I'm speechless, they used to play this crap every week for about 6 months
:-[ ]

I've managed to find "Spanish Train" on playlist.com to see if it's as bad as you say, and yes I'm in complete agreement it's utter shit, one listen is as much as I can manage
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Feb 10, 2009, 15:53
Indeed. I've done a bit of googling since that last post, and can't find any original artwork, which is a shame as I'm quite taken with the idea. I reckon if there is any out there it is probably prohibitively expensive, as there seem to be museums of her work and stuff in Finland.

I've always loved her illustrations, since I was a small squid.
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index