The worst CD ever?

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3681 posts

Edited Feb 08, 2009, 20:10
The Tea Girls of Chester
Feb 08, 2009, 20:09
Sadly I can only dream of such exotica, you are indeed a lucky man to have met the blessed beverage sisters of Chester

edit for spelling, my racing pulse has quite carried me away
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Re: Opinions are like assholes . . .
Feb 09, 2009, 10:42
Yeah, but this is Chris de Burgh.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Re: The worst CD ever?
Feb 09, 2009, 10:51
Relayer is OK. I have to disagree about Mr Elf's choice of Patti's Twelve album too. OK it isn't brilliant, but there are some good tracks on it. Unlike the whole of Gary Numan's catalogue.

This thread could easily descent into a slanging match...
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Edited Feb 09, 2009, 10:55
Re: Opinions are like assholes . . .
Feb 09, 2009, 10:51
Citizensmurf wrote:

Celine Dion is a talented singer, and has produced some amazing music throughout her career (millions of copies sold, countless awards, loyal fans) yet some people wouldn't even think about owning one of her cds because it holds no distinction of showing good taste.

Yes Celine can belt out a choon and no mistake. But the reason I would not want one of her cds ain't because 'it's not cool' it's because to me there is no 'emotion' in her perfected tonsil aerobics, and it's a particularly off putting sound as a result. Hell the best singers are usually the ones that barely hit the right key at times.
Probalby something like why all the minor colours and shades are more appealing than the in yer face primary ones. That and the minor chord of course:-)
x
Jim Tones
Jim Tones
5142 posts

Edited Feb 09, 2009, 11:17
Feb 09, 2009, 11:08
This is odd

When I saw the title of the post and before clicking the link, I thought of one album that someone used to play at work on the cassette player circa 1980 - that horrid sounding piece of shite was.....

"Spanish Train & Other Stories" by yup....Chris De Burgh!

The actual 'Spanish Train' track, really has to be heard, it's so terrrible it's beyond belief- the 'lyrics' involve someone playing cards with the devil on a train and the way it's sung is so cringe-inducing that I'm speechless, they used to play this crap every week for about 6 months
:-[ ]

Images of this De Burgh fellow are cropping up all over the place recently and it's scary -

To top it all, a barmaid in a pub in Mold mentioned his name when I was out with our own Keith A recently-
There was a photo on the bar wall of the late Dudley Moore and another chappie, I asked was it the owner's Dad pictured alongside Dud, the girl replied in a very short tone- "er.....it's not Dudley Moore, it's actually Chris De Burgh!"

Of course it wasn't, as it was later confirmed that it was Dud and James Galway (legendary shifty-eyed flautist), but the shock of hearing the De Burgh name and the following days remembering the 'Spanish Train' torture, this all really spooked me out!

Chris De Burgh is scary!!

aaaaaarrrrrrrgh !!!!!
bubblehead2
bubblehead2
2167 posts

Edited Feb 09, 2009, 12:57
Feb 09, 2009, 12:56
Methinks we're not getting the full story on this Jim, wouldn't be surprised if you commandeered the tape player and stuck on Hamburger Lady afterwards for some sonic retribution ? ;-)
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Feb 09, 2009, 14:37
btw Mr Elf, are those hattifatteners on your avatar?
Lawrence
9547 posts

Feb 09, 2009, 15:44
Chris DeBurgh had this creepy Wisconsin Death Trip like video called "Don't Pay the Ferryman" where DeBurgh looked alot like a vampire. I swear!
Lawrence
9547 posts

Feb 09, 2009, 15:48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMwni9RwO4g

Doesn't look quite as vampirish as I remember, though. Still pretty creepy...
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Re: oi! merrick!
Feb 09, 2009, 15:58
As we well know, De Burgh isn't merely the maker of the shittest music known to humanity, he's also the minion of shapeshifting lizards bent on global domination.

this new album is surely a sign that we haven't got long to go.
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index