Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
New Brain Donor album - opinions here, please...

116 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sun Of Bytch
Sun Of Bytch
143 posts

Edited Feb 20, 2009, 09:31
Re: New Brain Donor album - opinions here, please...
Feb 20, 2009, 09:27
Got this new Donor nine days ago and I am loving it, might be mein favorite Donor. I was in there right from the Invocation and the Invocation has surely joined my favorite Cope poems. For me it was far from being a smelly bi-product I was more like wow, where ya been at? I was really glad Julian was hanging onto this one til 02/09 when it is especially needed.

Like Dee said it does remove you. Skagerrak has been a very heavy meditative. And, when his vocal comes in half way through, incredibly uplifting. It was the loud loud soundtrack to my early morning when I was sitting outside watching three feral roosters strutting around a car lot in a drizzle, pecking anything on the ground that remotely resembled food. They would scatter whenever the bomb sound dropped (personally I cannot get enough of that bomb effect and am happy whenever he drops it).

Also can't get away from Death and its hooky blitz. The whole thing's easy to just play again and again.

Thanks to whoever i.d.'d the white wispiness on the cover as a waterfall, in the b&w I imagined it to be a burning or smoldering ship.

S'O'B

ps--After The Hanging I've found myself returning to Pa Doden's Trae from Drain'd as a kind of "chaser" for extra rigor and vigor.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index