Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
New Brain Donor album - opinions here, please...

116 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Re: New Brain Donor album - opinions here, please...
Feb 12, 2009, 05:17
Got mine along with Urthona (which I haven't played yet) the other day. Now, I'm a die hard Donor fan, almost more so than any other Cope project (including Cope solo), so I had high hopes. I think it's great, not sure about the synths here and there, but I think they will make sense the more I play it. Recognized the 'Emerging' song from their Thekla live set (and subsequent cdr release of said show), though wasn't it called 'Born, Never Arsed'.

I think any comparisons to LP&F would only come from Doggen's guitar tone/effects set-up on 'Death Becomes You', other than that, I think it's a great piece of Donor and I must have missed the bit in the Drudion about how "we’re planning an even more dramatic follow-up for the near future". Right on.

Now with Spaceship's cd and "The Hanging" featuring SOMA, I wonder what else from that session will turn up on future releases. I think it was originally slated to be an LAMF album.

And attention nerds, added to discogs.com, and if you can think of a better genre than 'Viking Metal' to list this as, then feel free to change it (hey, it's in the list, I just used it).
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index