NWOBHM

138 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Mule
Mule
588 posts

Re: NWOBHM
Sep 17, 2008, 15:50
Went into Flashback on Essex Road the other day, and some guy had asked to hear an original vinyl copy of Raven's 'Wiped Out'. Couldn't belive how fresh it sounded. At the time, I thought it was a bit disappointing after 'Rock Until You Drop', which I still own and am very fond of.

One of my favourite NWOBHM memories was May '80 at the Lyceum, with Tygers OPT (who became shit as soon as Jon Sykes joined)headlining over Diamond Head (possibly their first London show?) Horsepower, some post-'Hogs Tony McPhee project, and the ubiquitous Angelwitch.

I think it's really sad that none of the classic bands have managed to really capitalise on the praise heaped on them by newcomers such as Metallica. Sorry, but a Diamond Head without Sean Harris is not Diamond Head. Maddening, but true. In fact, even without Colin Kimberley and Duncan Scott. Here's one for a Don't Look Back gig: the original Diamond Head doing 'Lightning To The Nations'. Or, the original Vardis doing '100 MPH' - possibly the greatest live album of all time.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index