Topic View: Flat | Threaded
booga
booga
129 posts

Re: New AC/DC album ..
Aug 29, 2008, 17:28
riotmaster wrote:

to me the last 'GREAT' AC/DC album ws Flick Of The Switch

its often overlooked as it came at the time the band had gone all polished and radio rock friendly. i fucking love Flick more now than i did back then - its raw as fuck and full of great rocking tunes

after that. Fly On The Wall was chocka block with filler, then we had Who Made Who - great song (but pointless soundtrack album)

the awful Blow Up Your Video, followed by the equally awful The Razors Edge followed before they did Big Gun with Rubin. i quite liked that song and thought it'd bode well for the album, Ballbreaker that followed

it didnt

another crap album with 1 or 2 half decent songs amongst the chaff

then Stiff Upper Lip. which i liked. not in a classic way just in a good, returned to their rock n roll roots way. plenty of decent songs and it sounded like they were having fun again

and now this. i love it. every time i hear it i like it even more, its just AC/DC as they should be

Agree completely with the whole of that statement. 'Rock and Roll Train' sounds like how they *should* have sounded circa 'Blow Up Your Video', but by the widest of margins possible, didn't.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index