Aug 28, 2008, 18:36
Oooh, I should know it then.
common era
865 posts

Re: Black Sheep
Aug 29, 2008, 10:36
Vybik Jon wrote:

Aggghhhh!!!!!

I wasn't going to click this at first, but then succumbed. Now I have to go and poke my eyes and ears out with something very hot and pointy.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Aug 29, 2008, 10:39
It's cathartic, emetic and allows you to reposition your soul - all in one neat package!
common era
865 posts

Aug 29, 2008, 11:48
Vybik Jon wrote:
It's cathartic, emetic and allows you to reposition your soul - all in one neat package!

Kind of like an enema then?
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Aug 29, 2008, 11:59
Almost exactly like an enema.
WankHerod
WankHerod
6 posts

Edited Sep 03, 2008, 00:42
Sep 03, 2008, 00:40
Evening all! My first post here....well, I used to post here years ago but I didn't post for a while and my account evaporated into digital oblivion. I've been drawn back here to comment upon Black Sheep - I LOVE IT! LOVE IT! Cope's finest in years. I've been following the man since the 80s and haven't exactly been over-enamoured with his recent offerings. I'm a big fan of his psych pop/folk stuff of the 80s and 90s and his experimental and meditational outings, but his recent big-booted glam riffing has done little for me. Lyrically and ideologically, I've always been with him. Musically, we've kinda parted ways recently.

Black Sheep is a definite return to lonely psychedelia, irresistable melodies, gorgeous harmonies and good old-fashioned well-crafted songs. 'Black Sheep Song' could be a lost track from 'Fried', such is it's pastoral melancholy vibe. 'All The Blow-Themselves-Up....' is as funny and finely observed a song as I've heard in while. Dammit, the tune reminds me of The Strawbs 'Part Of The Union'! 'The Shipwreck of Saint Paul' is a dark windswept epic, reeking of inevitability, regret, wonder and rage. Amazing stuff.

Anyway, I just wanted to spread my love for this album. Reading through the thread, I see that it's been extremely well-received by all. I occasionally post on the IMDb music board, and I raved about 'Black Sheep' on there. Thirty-five billion users (or thereabouts) and two replies. Each to their own, but I gotta say - those fuckers don't know what they're missing!
Sir John Dunn
Sir John Dunn
530 posts

Edited Sep 03, 2008, 00:56
Sep 03, 2008, 00:49
Hello and welcome to the end of civilization, Wankie. You teaser.
WankHerod
WankHerod
6 posts

Sep 03, 2008, 00:58
Sir John Dunn wrote:
Hello and welcome to the end of civilization, Wankie. You tease.

Thankyou! It may well be the end of civilisation, but how very civilised of you.

Tease? I can only assume you are refering to my plea to give sexual pleasure to the long-dead king of Judea. If you find a way, let me know.
Sir John Dunn
Sir John Dunn
530 posts

Sep 03, 2008, 01:00
WankHerod wrote:
Sir John Dunn wrote:

Thankyou! It may well be the end of civilisation, but how very civilised of you.

Tease? I can only assume you are refering to my plea to give sexual pleasure to the long-dead king of Judea. If you find a way, let me know.

I love you. Don't go away.
sttomas
sttomas
1123 posts

Sep 03, 2008, 01:03
WankHerod wrote:
Sir John Dunn wrote:

It could involve a packet of custard creams and a cricket bat!

But don't let anyone know I told you so!!
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index