Black Sheep

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Re: Black Sheep
Aug 14, 2008, 10:26
I ordered black sheep and a tshirt yesterday. I'm really looking forward to this one in a way I haven't for quite a while.
amazon
amazon
959 posts

Aug 14, 2008, 10:48
Spaceship mark wrote:
after all these years, still singing 'Baa Baa Baa' and ACTUALLY EQUATING IT WITH SHEEP!

Hahaha, yes. I actually laughed out loud the first time I heard that!
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Aug 14, 2008, 17:59
'Taint really a double album though is it? I thought it was just that Copey thing of having songs in phases and having you actually physically 'flip the sides' so to speak, like you would have done in the olden days.

I know someone moaned about this 2-cd thing of Cope's but the prices (inc P&P) are about the same as a single cd and you get books and foldy bits so I think it's cool meself.
Spaceship mark
Spaceship mark
1686 posts

Aug 14, 2008, 20:00
This is the first album, let alone Cope album, that I've gone right back to the beginning once it has ended and done it all over again, a number of times. That, is a good thing.

Baa baa baa...
amazon
amazon
959 posts

Aug 14, 2008, 20:24
Yeah, I did that with disc two.
Spaceship mark
Spaceship mark
1686 posts

Aug 14, 2008, 20:59
oops, meant to say 'first album for a long time', but the sentiment remains...
Come the Revolution was the only track that didn;t instantly grab me, but I think it only took one more listen.
Get on that CD1!!!
amazon
amazon
959 posts

Aug 14, 2008, 21:13
I will, I will.

*deep breath*
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Aug 14, 2008, 21:42
Y'know, I'll be honest and admit the last JC album I bought was "Rome Wasn't Burned In a Day", but I'm going to order this one - from what everyone's been saying, it sounds as though he's reconnected with his tuneful, melancholic side (folk have mentioned "World Shut your Mouth" and "Elegant Chaos", both of which utterly blew my mind as a teen and still do). I loved "Peggy" and "Jehovahkill" too, but to these ears his records have been a tad too riff-heavy and melody-lite since then (although I love his writing and continue to repsect the guy for following his own muse and not selling out).

So thanks for the tip.
amazon
amazon
959 posts

Aug 14, 2008, 21:44
I think you'll like disc two, Popel.

Let us know what you think.
landells
landells
680 posts

Aug 14, 2008, 22:54
Feed My Rock n Roll is the most uplifting song that I have heard for freakin years - I absolutely LOVE it !!!! My work is a bit of a depressing place to hang at the moment but everyday this week I’ve walked out and stuck “Heathen Rock n Roll…” on my MP3 machine and I’ve smiled and danced my way homewards. If Mr Cope wouldn't find the idea so hideous I would write to Gordon Broon and demand that he makes it the National Anthem (but deep down inside we all know that it is OUR national anthem).

And the rest of the album is beautiful
I always look forward to the new Julian Cope album but it has been a while since I was so fantastically rewarded

“all you really need is you to play that heathen rock n roll” - rite on
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index