Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Re: Should Zep Tour/Record?
Dec 17, 2007, 20:13
GET ON THE ROAD YOU FREAKS AND MAKE ME DAY

BUT IF YOU DARE ATTEMPT RECORD WHY I'LL !!!
coldrumhead
608 posts

Dec 17, 2007, 20:16
Shelby Mustang wrote:
GET ON THE ROAD YOU FREAKS AND MAKE ME DAY

BUT IF YOU DARE ATTEMPT RECORD WHY I'LL !!!

Cultivate a shrubbery?
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Dec 17, 2007, 20:18
if you dare attempt record?!?

i meant

IF YOU DARE TO ATTEMPT TO RECORD WHY I'LL, I'LL...!!
coldrumhead
608 posts

Dec 17, 2007, 20:19
Shelby Mustang wrote:
if you dare attempt record?!?

i meant

IF YOU DARE TO ATTEMPT TO RECORD WHY I'LL, I'LL...!!

Don't like shrubberies then?
red peony
red peony
645 posts

Dec 17, 2007, 20:22
I love the bit in In The Evening just before Page launches into the solo, where it sounds like big, chunky metal boxes are being thrown down an elevator shaft. I suppose it's feedback of some sort, dunno.

The one that has the inexplicable synths is Carouselabra! Ooooh, horrid!

;-) x
Shelby Mustang
Shelby Mustang
605 posts

Dec 17, 2007, 22:14
hate them!!
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Edited Dec 18, 2007, 00:23
Dec 18, 2007, 00:19
They should tour ONLY if they want to make a(nother) hundred million dollars (I expect they do.)

A record would probably be a very bad idea. Maybe just a song or two (and why not just sample an old Bonzo beat to keep it "pure" -- sorta worked for the Beatles, in that it got huge buzz without sullying their reputation.)

Stooges were trash from the dump anyway, so recording one lousy album is easy enough to ignore. (Zep has always cultivated a godlike perfection that is the exact opposite of the Stooge aesthetic; you don't love Iggy any less when he fails, cuz it's part of his charm.)

Mission of Burma was a special case, in that they never got their due the first time & so still had something to prove decades later; and even then, they very deliberately took 4 years to work their way up to an album of all-new material.

Even though this year's Kirkwood-reunion Meat Puppets album wasn't one of their better ones, I think they should keep touring & recording forever though!

Basically this is a fan question! Depends on how much you need that tumescent dirigible to squeeze your lemon one more time!
Jasonaparkes
Jasonaparkes
876 posts

Dec 18, 2007, 00:27
Please don't bother - a 1/4 of the band are dead, call this something else. Big Star without Chris Bell wasn't and this is worse. Salutations to Plant for doing a solo tour with Alison Krauss, they should do a duet of Fear Loves This Place, I think...If they toured it would be stadium cabaret, unless they played Stone Henge...maybe Page should just remaster as much live material as possible?
vince
vince
1628 posts

Dec 18, 2007, 04:28
I like the idea of them just playing the odd show once every few years. I mean, they're clearly very close & I'm sure they take a great deal of pleasure in just hanging out & playing together. Particularly at the 02.

Who are we to deny a bunch of geezers the right to get together just for the sake of getting together, play some shit-hot songs to a rabid audience & bugger off again to their day jobs?

Sounds like a no-brainer to me.
Davey_B
Davey_B
408 posts

Dec 18, 2007, 16:57
I think a short tour just a few shows would be enough to satisfy most people. Maybe something like the Sex Pistols do every few years.

As for In Through The Out Door I never realised it was so disliked. I think it's a great album. A nice come back and a whole new direction after Presence. All of My Love is a great song as is Carouslambla... okay Hot Dog I could live without but as a whole the album is great.... now Coda... that I thought was just a money spinning rip off....

Dave B
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index