Re: YGPWM arrived
Jun 27, 2007, 20:06
Nah, DO I would've gotten : )
Nikinakinoo
Nikinakinoo
1281 posts

Jul 02, 2007, 23:08
Woo hooo! I'm lovin disc 2 and disc 1 needs me to sit down and give it my full attention - when i've got time i'll do just that.

I'm really liking it folks!!!!!!!!!!!

Woooooooo hooooooooooooooo
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Edited Jul 02, 2007, 23:54
Jul 02, 2007, 23:35
Moth wrote:

The first one is Can't Get You Out of My Country - the one that caused all the controversy on here the other day!!! Turns out Mrs A was right - it's not 'set' in Europe - & has nowt to do with migrants. Great 'Gotta Get Out of this Place' groove & lotsa melody too!

Moth

I can't believe anyone would've really thought that!! How prosaic would that be;-)
There is something a bit tongue in cheek about it - he's having a bit of a laugh here. It's difficult to include a word like 'Baghdad' in a song and not come across like fecking Bono or Patti Smith at her worst, and I think he's having a bit of a pop at all the insincere mawkishness that often goes down, and getting off with mAking a bit of a statement too...bit like Southpark at it's best...oh christ I'm way off the mark aren't I?
X
suave harv
suave harv
704 posts

Edited Jul 02, 2007, 23:50
Jul 02, 2007, 23:44
Vybik Jon wrote:

It is a marked shift from the power trio/BD direction of the last few albums and it's varied musical styles remind me of Interpreter. And that's okay by me.
Hooray for Julian Cope!

Yup. It's got me interested in new Cope music in a real way for the first time since Interpreter.
Now if he'd just lighten up a bit and keep the anti religion songs to just *half* the album. .
And it sounds like a demo, but I suppose that's not a bad thing ??
I must be a shallow pop fan then!
ha!
Hooray for Julian Cope too!
keith a
9574 posts

Jul 02, 2007, 23:55
De do do do, de da da da
Is all I want to say to you
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

Jul 03, 2007, 07:25
Now I like it. The trauma of Drain Boner is vanished...
mercian
mercian
302 posts

Jul 03, 2007, 09:29
Mine`s just dropped on the mat. I`ve just dropped it in the CD tray. away we go. Good to see Donald is involved with it.
mercian
mercian
302 posts

Jul 03, 2007, 10:26
First play, liked it.
Moz
Moz
24 posts

Edited Jul 05, 2007, 12:00
Jul 05, 2007, 12:00
Moth wrote:

The first one is Can't Get You Out of My Country - the one that caused all the controversy on here the other day!!! Turns out Mrs A was right

Which thread was this discussion in, please?

After the first listen I thought the album was 'average with a few good tracks', but after 3 days of solid listening the whole thing is really growing on me; I've had various songs stuck in my head the whole time, and play it on my ipod at every available opportunity. I really enjoyed the direction he took with Orgasm and Citizen (made for really good live shows), but its nice to shift down a gear again.
Piquiod
Piquiod
525 posts

Jul 05, 2007, 17:38
Mine arrived on Monday.
Its been on constant rotation....8 hrs at work on tues, in for the car ride to and fro'...
Gave it a proper listen Tuesday night on the home stereo.
Its really good, and more importantly...very refreshing music.
Highlights abound on the record...
the one that really grabs me at this moment is the ending of Hidden Doorways...that groove is awesome, & Julian's high voice singing "door".
its a mantra...excellent stuff.
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index