Topic View: Flat | Threaded
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Edited Jun 26, 2007, 13:35
Re: YGPWM arrived
Jun 26, 2007, 13:05
Moth wrote:
The first one is Can't Get You Out of My Country - the one that caused all the controversy on here the other day!!!

Not really

PlateOfFood wrote:
but I'm guessing the song "Cant Get You Out Of My Country" is the one

Guess he guessed wrong. There's no way this song could be mistaken for the West's latest wave of xenophobia, soul-searching and self-doubts brought on by the EEC's latest huge wave of migrants from former Communist countries (unless you apply the loosest possible interpretation of the last verse). In fact, all in the song's a bit clumsy lyrically. (And, do we need another version of Gloria?)

I suspect that you'll find his stuff about politically dubious, mob-handed ignorant racist homophobes - or Eastern Europeans - will be one of the songs it's impossible to work out what he's singing about. (WTF is with the vocals on this record? Sick Love is Vic Reeves' pub singer doing Bacharach.)

And, before anyone goes off on one, I am liking this record.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Jun 26, 2007, 13:20
anthonyqkiernan wrote:
(WTF is with the vocals on this record? Sick Love is Vic Reeves' pub singer doing Bacharach.)

And, before anyone goes off on one, I am liking this record.

You're not making it sound very appealing though!
Phyl Lobius
Phyl Lobius
6 posts

Jun 26, 2007, 13:23
Brik wrote:
For the record, did anyone else like Drain'd Boner? It's a head fuck but I really liked it!

Yeah, I LOVE Drain'd Boner, too. After 30+ listenings I consider it the best BD so far...this is what I call ur-metal...
HI DEN
HI DEN
814 posts

Jun 26, 2007, 13:27
I anyway thought so also...
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Jun 26, 2007, 13:35
I really shouldn't point out that Hidden Doorways reminds me of Ice Ice Bay then (with only half the Bowie/Queen riff). I think that's my favourite.
common era
865 posts

Edited Jun 26, 2007, 13:48
Jun 26, 2007, 13:47
anthonyqkiernan wrote:
I really shouldn't point out that Hidden Doorways reminds me of Ice Ice Bay then (with only half the Bowie/Queen riff). I think that's my favourite.

LOL! You're right, it does. Woden reminds me of something off Led Zep III. Shame Shame Shame is Use Me with new lyrics...
HI DEN
HI DEN
814 posts

Jun 26, 2007, 13:53
I quite liked Royboys piece (tho lengthy it was), but i think there might be different audience paying attention to him than to Cope and i think comparing them is like...let´s say it this way; comparing quantity to density (and i say this cos´i dont think julian´s doing any worse "technically" either, than him!)

And though certain kind of faith has not proven itself so usable in my life (i usually prefer understanding), i say according to my experience; ROCK can break negative restrictions!

Imply that,

Adieu and all the best!

By the way, i havent heard the record yet cos i´m skint and waiting for the vinyl.
postyesterdayman
postyesterdayman
931 posts

Jun 26, 2007, 14:22
I was quite against the torrents of judgement raining down from the circling HH Fighter Squadron above. I said we should all wait til we hear it before judging away....thank you very much!!!! ;)
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Jun 26, 2007, 14:36
Shut up!

You don't even like Julian Cope.
ilovarech
82 posts

Jun 26, 2007, 16:26
Really good !