Nick Drake

73 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
vince
vince
1628 posts

Re: Nick Drake
Mar 06, 2008, 03:25
I saw the car ad using The fall...there's a sly kind of subversivness to that I must say...using Mark E. to sell high dollar cars? He's often had a hard time selling his own records.

Put yerself in an ad-mans shoes. You've got to work for a living. You've filmed a pretty decent ad. Now you've got to pick the music. You can be lazy & go for Robbie Williams despite your better judgement. Or you can choose, say, Baccara & try to look cool & ironic in a 70's discocheese kinda stylee . But not. Or...you could just pick your favourite album and hope that other people 'get it' by default. I know what i'd do.

On a personal note, as someone who has struggled in vain - and at a great financial & personal cost - to make a living from 'the biz' whilst trying to create something meaningful, passionate & life affirming, I'd be VERY happy if one of my pieces was used. Even out of context. Sometimes the more banal aspects of life take priority....as much as we'd all like our Rock Gods to be "creatively correct" sometimes paying the mortgage or putting yer kid thru school can take priority.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index