Nick Drake

73 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Piquiod
Piquiod
525 posts

Re: Nick Drake
Mar 05, 2008, 23:28
Was it a case of it being "the in thing to do"?
did the surge of fans convene 1st and agree to the purchase collectively before buying the cd?
Good music will hit the ears of attuned people with similar responses I think. Hear it, like it, aquire it, dig it, repeat until sick of it...that my cycle anyway.
Its interesting and shows the power of the wide range that commercials have...The commercial wanted you to buy a car (or whatever), not the music underneath the sales pitch...
The vast range of homes that Nick's music was inserted into cannot be ignored...selling out may now only mean to reach a wider audience to gain a wider acceptance for mass appreciation.
I've heard Nick name for years and couldn't be bothered to seek out his music (save for a Lucinda Williams cover on her 1992 Sweet Old World)...
Thankfully a fellow head on this board enlightened me to his trip and music with some cds...great stuff.
Maybe great music is only great if people hear it...otherwise it doesn't get to breath like wine or live like great music should (in the hearts and minds, and dreams of fans).

Nick was a great talent, and I didn't even know how cool he was until 6 months ago...there is a bigger world of music than we ever dreamed of.
If it gets to your ears, it doesn't really matter how it gets there (unless yer being raped the rapist is jamming to some wicked tunes)....even then...maybe.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index