Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Drain'd Boner...in case there was any doubt....

75 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
puddytat
puddytat
52 posts

Re: Drain'd Boner...in case there was any doubt....
Oct 12, 2006, 20:42
HI DEN wrote:

and doesn´t the boner also have tunes in it?

Oh man, you guys were doing so well... I agree, I am guilty of letting my emotions run roughshod on the DB release. I don't mean to slag those who appreciate it. My frustration is knowing what is possible based on what has come before. The comment that JC has forgotten how to make a record has a ring of truth. Once, it was endearing to hear "Soul desert, take one" at the beginning of Jehoovahkill. At to that the one-take charm of Skellington and you have the "creating in the moment" concept in its purest form. But my problem with this here wreckerd is its one-take predictability. Doggenchain fumbling through clunker notes to hit the correct refrain (then repeated 1,000 times) is frustrating. I buy everything because I WANT TO LIKE IT, even knowing what has immediately preceded it. I also made the observation that calling one thing DONOR, one thing RITE BASTARD, and another thing CITIZEN CAIN'D is pointless because, to paraphrase Janis, "It's all the same fucking day, man!" That is ultimately what frustrates me the most. If they weren't all coming from the same place, I wouldn't be so unmerciful. I'd just focus on a different aspect of JC's output. But I keep listening, keep hoping that this dark phase will pass.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index