Yet Another New Bolan LP!!

17 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9573 posts

Edited Jul 20, 2006, 16:46
Re: Yet Another New Bolan LP!!
Jul 20, 2006, 16:45
>Hmmm... I've heard and have previously owned versions of things like 'Shy >Boy', 'Mellow Love' 'Love Drunk' and 'Foxy Boy' a while back and thought them >pretty dull, to be honest. In fact I also have versions of everything in this list.

They were on the posthumous Billy Super Duper LP, with added extra production c/o of the fan club of the time. Think they've been released again without the production, but off the top of my head can't think where. Still, these sound like proper quality jobs - the email came from the same folk who released the excellent re-mastered Born to Boogie dvd, and the recent T.Rex On TV dvd. Both were excellent jobs, so I'm hopeful that this will be a decent job.

I like those songs - punk had inspired Bolan to get back to his roots, though as his roots were in early rock'n'roll I guess the influence is more elvis than the Pistols.

>BTW, A high pitched wailing vocalist called Gardenia was credited for singing on >the released version of 'Tame My Tiger' was that actually Gloria Jones?

Well it sounds like Gloria to me!! ; )

Unsung Forum Index