Unsung Forum »
Yet Another New Bolan LP!!

17 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9573 posts

Re: Yet Another New Bolan LP!!
Jul 20, 2006, 16:34
I've got a Bolan cdr called The Complete Sessions with a Bolan/Roy Wood session from 1976, and the Bolan/Bowie one with 5 versions of Sleeping Next To You (Sleeping/Standing/Sitting - same song!), 3 Madman's and a 'Jam'. Don't think they were brilliant quality and unfortunately I just tried to play it and it was playing up. Will see what I can do if you wanna drop me a line...

Incidentaly, Sean was the singer in The Cuddly Toys (and Raped as they were unfortunately called initially). I remember him at Bolans funeral in a black blazer with johnnies pinned all over it!

He was dressed even more outrageously for the Bolanites Unite party that was held for what would have been Bolan's 30th birthday a couple of weeks later and which had been planned before he died (there was a very rumour strong rumour that he had intended turning up). I only met him those two times, but he seemed a very friendly bloke. Unfortunately, he passed away a few years ago now.

But Madman was a great single. I always thought it sounded more like Bowie than Bolan, but my mum heard it playing one day and said "This sounds like T.Rex".

Well, after years of brainwashing, I guess her finger was on the pulse! ; )

Unsung Forum Index