RUSH

80 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
achuma
achuma
503 posts

Re: RUSH
May 07, 2006, 15:11
I think Rush were a patchy band that sometimes did some awesome stuff, if you like prog-metal. I'd say all of their 70's albums have enough great moments to warrant checking out, and for me the quality drops off greatly after 'A Farewell To Kings', probably their best album overall (though not without a bit of tosh on shorter tracks). The self-titled debut is more of a Led Zep wannabe thing than anything too proggy, and it's an ok album. 'Caress Of Steel' and 'Fly By Night' have a few wicked tracks each, and I love the covers of both albums. I used to really like '2112' but these days it sounds more and more cheesy to me. I still kinda enjoy it a little though, I'd just hesitate to play it with anyone else around! The first live album is pretty good, too.
On the other hand I know a lot of people with otherwise fairly similar tastes to me who don't care for Rush at all. Maybe it's just a case of the stuff they don't like obliterating the memory of the more awesome bits. Or maybe some folks just aren't made to like Rush!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index