Re: Prejudice
Jun 22, 2005, 13:23
I'm just a nasty punk rocker at heart!
=;o)
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jun 22, 2005, 15:54
I used to look down on 'gangsta rap' until I saw a documentary about Tupac Shakur. Mind you, alot of that genre is lame and really is promoting that sexist criminal lifestyle, but not all of it is. Shakur wasn't at all glamorising the life of the gangsta, but sadly his fans misunderstood and he wound-up dead. Of course I don't spend most of my time listening to rap in general...

But I AM prejudiced against anything related to Conservative Punk! After all they are prejudiced against anything left-wing. Anything I used to like that is now connected to that vile hate-group, such as the Antiseen and possibly even X (as Billy Zoom is linked to CP), I am against. Well, I don't think I really heard the Antiseen or else I don't remember...

Oh yeah, I used to be prejudiced against some Black Metal connected with Nazis, but I stopped caring seeing how Conservative Punk hijacked the punk scene... Not that I agree w/ Nazis, but at least with them you know where you stand!
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jun 22, 2005, 15:59
It sounded like another one of those hippy jam-bands that made a big thing about being influenced by African and Celtic music but sounded like neither and more like fucking Phish!
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jun 22, 2005, 16:01
Oh, I forgot. "Americana" or "Alternative Cuntry B'y". I KNOW it must be all smug-assed cutesy, sexist pap just like Palace!
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jun 22, 2005, 16:02
How about "ska-funk"?
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jun 22, 2005, 16:09
Just managed to find that Burzum CD I sold earlier because I really thought Varg Virkenes was a Nazi. But again I don't care anymore, so when I saw a used copy a couple of days ago I bought it.
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Jun 22, 2005, 16:26
Yeah, but that's not prejudice is it? That's hating right-wing twats because they're right-wing twats. Quite right too.

I mean have you dismissed any genre of music that might actually have some good stuff in it, but that you can't be arsed with...

x
Lugia
970 posts

Jun 22, 2005, 16:27
"Modern Country"...knowing how creatively bankrupt the Nashville industry is these days, nothing good can come out of anything billeting itself as such.

Back in their day, "Gabber" or "Happy Hardcore" were pretty repellant to me. The present-day equivalent, I suppose, is anything that actively refers to itself as "Electronica". Goddamn, how I HATE that word...

"Contemporary Christian" is another that I avoid like a finely-crafted cocktail of Ebola, Marburg, and Dengue Fever viruses. Knowing some of the working logic behind the people behind this gibberish, I drop them into the same rubbish-bin with any other rightwing-skewed vomitus, such as various 'white power', 'conservative punk', 'heritage music', etc etc blah type of musical outputs.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jun 22, 2005, 16:33
Hmmm... Can't think of anything. Except 'Americana' which I mentioned elsewhere in the thread. Just that there used to be tons of it stuck in the Uncut freebee CDs, and so I just get an icky feeling when I hear someone talk about it. I'd for once like to hear some country revival that isn't either cutesy or just another bad Lynyrd Skynnyrd retread or something...
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jun 22, 2005, 16:41
"Gabber" was all hype -- nothing more than hardcore techno played at 78rpm with Whitehouse noises added. Who listens to it anymore.

As I'm not Christian I can barely stomach most Christian music except maybe older Black Gospel. There is a good 'dark-ambient' Christian band from Sweden called Mental Destruction although their lyrics are typical Calvanist bollocks. There was a 7" ep I found a while back of a Christian band from the 80s that wasn't bad -- they weren't right-wing dogmatic preachy or anything, and they actually sounded like 80s post-punk and quite good at that...
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index