Unsung Forum »
Prejudice

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Prejudice
Jun 22, 2005, 17:04
Goth rock. Have a blindspot there, based largely on growing up in a village where it was the only acceptable alternative to the Top 40. That's part of the reason i moved to London.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jun 22, 2005, 17:28
All the second-hand clove-cigarette smoke must've been bad for yr health, no doubt.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jun 22, 2005, 17:30
Oh, and I avoided anything related to the Danielson Familie just 'cos it was Christian. I did finally decide to see a solo Danielson show (the one where he dresses as a tree) however, which was pretty cool and at least it wasn't preachy or anything...
LMan
LMan
763 posts

Mental Destruction
Jun 22, 2005, 17:38
Though not being my favs in the Cold Meat Industry roster, Mental Destruction were great. I just don`t pay attention to their lyrics, but "Straw" is a killer album, and same goes to "When Madness Strikes".
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Jun 22, 2005, 18:48
Any rock or pop band that wears suits and ties (that is just so clearly anti-rock.)

Any rock or pop band covered in tatoos with faces full of piercings (trendy fashion victims.)

Anything goth (nihilistic fashion victims.)

"New Wave" in general, and "neo-New Wave" even more so (see comment above about suits & ties, even if they are skinny red vinyl ties.)

Dance music built on that repetitive on-the-beat bass drum in 4/4 time (dum! dum! dum! dum!) If there's no syncopation you might as well dance to a metronome.
machineryelf
3681 posts

Jun 22, 2005, 18:54
Dylan,bought that Dylan/Band live thingy 25 years ago,swopped it for Bowies Stage 6 months later.Totally avoided the whingey voiced one ever since,as far as i can remember he ruined a perfectly good Band performance.That said he writes a canny good song,should just let someone else sing 'em

Paul Weller, said he was a tory in '77 avoided since
sakedelic
sakedelic
936 posts

Jun 22, 2005, 20:11
“anything recorded before 1955 or after 1985
& pop music…”

before 1955 actually I like lots of country blues, some jazz (Charlie Parker, Clifford Brown & Jimmy Raney) & hawaiian music
after 1985, a few things too: Boredoms, Melvins, Sleep...

I’d write off anything “Brit-Pop”, marching bands, contemporary R&B & polka
Lugia
970 posts

Jun 22, 2005, 22:02
Can't totally write off band music, mind you...check out Leos Janacek's "Sinfonietta" in a band arrangement. Killer. Also Karel Husa's noisefests "Apotheosis of This Earth" and "Prague 1968". Plus there's some Ives that makes ample use of band that's pretty skwonky-cool.

Certainly not as well known as the usual Sousa bullshit and/or the typical schlock arrangements of other pieces. And boy, have I had to play a few of those gawdawful things...try a full marching arrangement of "Endless Love", f'rinstance. Fuckin' horrid...
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Mental Destruction
Jun 22, 2005, 23:45
When Madness Strikes is the one I have. A compete anomaly in the genre, but like Puissance hard to really take seriously.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jun 22, 2005, 23:49
And then passed himself off as Labor. So I know... His attempt at supporting the Labor Party was pretty half-assed. I did like the Jam alot though...
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index