The Beatles are/were rubbish.

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
postyesterdayman
postyesterdayman
931 posts

Hold the Fuck On!
May 12, 2005, 06:37
Yes, as I stated the Beatles were a good, a great, groundbreaking band but you saying they were the greatest band ever? There's no way that's a fact because it's different for everyone, it's subjective. My greatest band ever could be Pet Shop Boys (it's not, thank heavens) and that wouldn't be fact. just fact for me. So let's not everybody try to prove who or who wasn't the greatest band ever and shove it down people's throats (no offense to you, 3000) and let's just remember one man's (or woman's) trash is another's treasure! I have to point out, when it come's to compositional genius I have to mention (again) the Zombies (who were just as good, if not better than the Beatles FOR ME) and also the Beach Boys (even if a lot of their songs were about stupid subjects, man, that's some good composin'! woo-hoo!)
postyesterdayman
postyesterdayman
931 posts

Re: The Beatles are/were rubbish.
May 12, 2005, 06:39
You're forgetting the unbelievably crap theme to crap film 'Spies Like Us'. If you've not heard it, please download it from soulseek or whtever it is at the moment. AWFUL!
Seb
Seb
600 posts

May 12, 2005, 08:44
it's just impossible to agree with that. yes, they wrote a lot of crap, but they REMAIN consistently spine-tingling in many, many instances.

sure, it's rare that you decide to actually sit down and put a beatles record on, but when their music does occasionally tootle past yr vision, it's so deep and pure crystal blue that it can still take yr breath away. eg the mere 'fool on the hill' popped up on my mp3 player yesterday and it sounded AWESOME.

those melodies, man. and their deployment. beyond genius - just a different world. and if we get bored of some of it occasionally, surely that's our fault, not theirs?
Rolling Ronnie
Rolling Ronnie
1468 posts

May 12, 2005, 09:18
At the time, they were amazing because a lot of what they did had never been done before (although everything is derivative, there is nothing new in the world blah! blah! blah! etc).

As a result they influenced a huge number of musicians (as did Brian Wilson for the same reasons).

In retrospect it all looks different. Now there is a surprise!

I should of used 'Old Fart' instead of 'Rolling Ronnie' shouldn't I ?
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

May 12, 2005, 10:01
Fucking hell Lordy, leave it out. That song, along with 'Ohohoh it's magic' is my most hated ever.

x
Bess Keloid
Bess Keloid
348 posts

May 12, 2005, 11:30
>if you can't say something nice...

...then post something on Head to Head!
Rolling Ronnie
Rolling Ronnie
1468 posts

May 12, 2005, 11:32
MEEEOOUWWWW

Sense of humour bypass anyone!
Bess Keloid
Bess Keloid
348 posts

May 12, 2005, 11:32
The Stock Hausen & Walkman remix kills.
Bess Keloid
Bess Keloid
348 posts

May 12, 2005, 11:33
Er, no. I was jesting too!
Bess Keloid
Bess Keloid
348 posts

May 12, 2005, 11:34
Double ditto. Iron Virgin's version of 'Jet' is pretty fine too.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index