May Druidon

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Re: May Druidon
May 03, 2005, 14:51
"Everyone should vote. Even if you only go to the polling station to spoil your paper."

Absolutely! I've tried umpteen times to persuade friends who think 'all the parties are as bad as each other' to at least go to the ballot box with 'None of the Above' written on their ballot paper. Staying at home just sends the message you can't be arsed, which is the more palatable interpretation political parties put on low turnout, as they can blame the electorate for being apathetic. However, if enough people actually make the effort (and it's not really any fucking effort, is it?) to go and vote, but 'spoil' their ballot paper, political parties will not so easily be able to blame the public for the uninspired political landscape we now have. It will send the message: "I really WANT to vote, but there is no one who represents what I think." and that is the real message the politicians need to be hearing, not 'I'd rather sit on my arse and watch Eastenders'.
alan lake soon
349 posts

May 03, 2005, 14:53
You can have a big political gob but not agree with parliamentary democracy, of course. There are positions to the right and left that would do away with the current system. You might even say it's precisely the idea that 'politics' is what happens in parliament that is the cause of the apathy we're all against.

I'll be voting Lib Dem to get rid of the current Nu Lab android, but the decision's easy, cos the Tories have no chance in my constituency. In the hope of a much reduced NuLab majority and for Proportion Representation to be forced onto the agenda by big Lib Dem gains. And the Tories to come third.
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

May 03, 2005, 14:53
Well, people should vote, but I really do care if they vote Tory!
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

May 03, 2005, 14:54
But if Michael Howrd gets in he would very probably make cake and RAAWK illegal within a year!
TheBear
TheBear
981 posts

May 03, 2005, 14:55
Well of course, I care too... but what I meant was I'd rather they vote for *anybody* than not vote at all.

VOTE BEAR!
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

May 03, 2005, 14:59
Even better would be the Tories coming third in the whole country. That would be so satisfying!

I recently read that Maggie Thatcher left the country last week for the rest of the election, because she is so dismayed that the Tories still haven't been able to make any real headway since '97. It is our duty to make sure that that woman NEVER sees another Tory government before she kicks the bucket.
>evil cackle<
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

May 03, 2005, 14:59
Not being harsh on Ratboy. He knows I'm as soft as shit really and I love his manly stubble like the rest of the heterosexual women round here. Besides he loves it when I get mean - Grrrrrrrrrrr!

But when influential people say really STUPID things (like Cope proudly saying he's only voted once) it gets right on my not-insignificant tits and I feel like I have to counter that IDIOCY in some way.

I'm OK, I'm chillin', I"m having a Lucky Strike (they're toasted)
J
x
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

May 03, 2005, 15:01
Yeah. I dunno actually. I feel a bit ambivalent about that. I'd still rather no-one voted than everyone voting BNP.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

May 03, 2005, 15:02
Where's Red Wedge when you need them.....
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

May 03, 2005, 15:03
Lucan! I love you and want to have your babies!
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index