May Druidon

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Re: May Druidon
May 03, 2005, 15:51
I live in a rural Tory backwater, so despite the fact that the labour candidate doesn't stand a cat's chance in hell, I shall be voting for him. ANYTHING to dent the Tory lead (even if it is only by my one measly vote.)

I work in the vountary sector and since Blair came to power there is a lot more money available to support the third sector. And that's a very good thing.
wychburyman
951 posts

May 03, 2005, 16:11
well said

I know Blair has made a right mess of some things but I have see the money going into education and social inclusion. In fact it kept me in a job for 5 years.

I'm scared to death of the Tories getting in
TheBear
TheBear
981 posts

May 03, 2005, 16:22
> I'm scared to death of the Tories getting in

God yes, and what lemon said, can you imagine if Howard got in....? *shudder*
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

May 03, 2005, 16:29
See :-p if the secret police bumped em all off life would be so much simpler!!
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

May 03, 2005, 16:31
According to the BBC, they're coming for you, Nick.

http://www.alterites.com/element/media/image/media_i_1_476.jpg
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

May 03, 2005, 16:36
Hahahahaha x Jane

And thankyou :-)

The priority really is to make sure the fucking tories never get back in, no matter what opinions are about Blair, NuLab or LibDem are preferable to the evil bastard tories! And on that note ... if we killed em all and their familes, and the people that voted for em, and anyone on the same island, anyone who breathed the same air etc etc *yawn*
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

May 03, 2005, 16:36
When they start shaving ;-)
Noah Vale
Noah Vale
299 posts

May 03, 2005, 16:45
Voting is great.
I like drawing X's & doing secret stuff in booths.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

May 03, 2005, 16:46
That's why, although I'm definitely going to vote, I'm still undecided whether to vote Lib Dem (partly in order to register a protest against the war), Green (because they're by far the party who come closest to representing my beliefs overall) or Labour. In my constituency (Merton) the decision isn't quite so straightforward because although it's been Labour since 1987 their lead over the Tories was quite small last time and it's not inconceivable that it could swing.

At one ppoint I'd decided on the Lib Dems, but then I read in their manifesto that they want to abolish the minimum wage (one of a handful of postitive changes Labour HAVE instigated IMO, even if it's still too low).
TheBear
TheBear
981 posts

May 03, 2005, 17:01
Where I live Labour are in no danger of losing. Last time they got 57.7% of the vote, Lib Dems 13.2%, The Kashmiri Peoples Justics Party (PJP) got 13.0 and everyone else combined (incl. Tories) got 16.3%.

I'm tempted to vote Lib Dem to rgister my distaste at the war but then I read Polly Toynbee's piece on proportional representation in The Guardian
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Columnists/Column/0,5673,1473024,00.html
and felt differently... so it's back to voting for Labour :(
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index