Unsung Forum »
Jehovakill

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
skwiggypop
2 posts

Re: Jehovakill
Jan 27, 2005, 23:34
I nearly went POP when they did it at the Wolves gig (bar the poor sound quality) as Necropolis is THE song I want played at my funeral!
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Jan 28, 2005, 00:12
Julian was really chuffed when I told him Fear Knows This Place was my favourite track of his. I know he loves Jehovakill. It also gives him chance to tell the story about the original album title being "Julian H. Cope" and the record company saying "Can't you think of another name?" and him saying "Yeah, Jehovakill!" and them saying "Oh Fuck!"
moey
moey
770 posts

The 'Ayes' Have it.
Jan 28, 2005, 00:22
I'm certainly with you on this one Vybes. The album is the dogs!

Stunned and ecstatic is a fair comment on my state when I realised they were going to play Necropolis at RFH

moey
dru
124 posts

Jan 28, 2005, 08:47
Arses. Inspired by this thread to dig it out last night. It's defintely one of favourites but doesn't get played much because all the vinyl is in the junk room at the back of the house. Reason for the exclamation is that half way through Soul Desert, what was left of my original mid 80's hi fi (amp and record deck) gave up the ghost.

Bit I'm a definite 'yay' if a rather frustrated one. Why don't Island or whoever owns this stuff this days do proper rereleases instead of sticking out compilations with the same tracks in a different order every time they need a quick wad?
Rock Wagram
Rock Wagram
316 posts

Jan 28, 2005, 10:31
'Yay!'
and thanks for the fag at the RFH Jon!
Nikinakinoo
Nikinakinoo
1281 posts

Help! I'm hyperventilating
Jan 28, 2005, 11:21
HELP! I c c c c c c an't find my Jehovakill!!! I've gone almost demented looking for it. As I was a bit late in getting a CD player (and anti CD initially being a vinyl lovin gal) I was late in switching to CD's. Been through all my vinyl (and CD's). At one point I couldn't find my To the Shores of Lake Placid and nearly had a coronary 'til I found it. (I got rid of 100's of vinyl the last house move I did and just kept my utmost faves. Worried I've sent it away! ). I cannot beleive I haven't got Jehovakill as I bought every single release until until I purchased Queen Elizabeth when I was quite frankly disgusted with the waste of money it was.

I can find my vinyl Fear Loves This Place limited edition box set that says 'companion to Jehovakill'. I even vageuly remember having a tee-shirt with Jehovakill on it (or am I imagining it). SO please tell me what tracks are on it to see if I remember it. What did the cover look like and when was it released?

I know I'm a bit of an anorak but I'm getting stressed out here! In fact I'm pathetically almost tearful....(how embarrasing is that?!).
NNN
Senior Gomez
Senior Gomez
54 posts

Re: Help! I'm hyperventilating
Jan 28, 2005, 11:25
Totally blue sleeve/case with nowt on the spine
Nikinakinoo
Nikinakinoo
1281 posts

Jan 28, 2005, 11:28
With a blue faded out pic of Cope with long ish hair? Or no pic?
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Jan 28, 2005, 11:37
Not on the record, but there is a T-shirt like that. The vinyl of the album has a vague image of Callanish in it (somewhere). Came as a double album but hte fourth side was engraved with the Callanish image.

Soul Desert, Julian H Cope , and the 45 Degrees song are on it.
Nikinakinoo
Nikinakinoo
1281 posts

Jan 28, 2005, 11:44
Well I know all those tracks so where the f is it then?! GGGGgggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Guess you'll tell me now it unavailable. When did it come out? Then I can track whether it is the CD or vinyl I've lost.

I'm so so so so so so pissed off. Right that's it! The house is going upside down!

NNN
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index