Unsung Forum »
Your 10 favorite Post-Punk Groups ever

114 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
keith a
9564 posts

Re: Your 10 favorite Post-Punk Groups ever
Jan 04, 2005, 11:14
We all thought the performance of Shot... wasn't too great - the Magazine contingent were all disappointed next day in the 6th form!, and IIRC the public agreed as it achieved the are distinction in those days of being on TOTP one week and going down the next week. It was good to see him, but we all felt he could have done better. I'd love to see it again in it's entirity though, as when I've seen a clip since I've thought "hmmm, better than I remembered!!"

A mate lent me a Magazine video last year, which consisted of 4-5 mimed performances to the likes of The Light, and IIRC, Burst, Feed The Enemy, etc. Although mimed, it was great - Devoto in fine form, and McGeogh putting in great performances too. Think the video had been eventually released in the late 80's.

You're dead right about the Roxy thing, too. I was playing Real Life last year and it struck me that My Tulpa is the new wave Virginia Plain!

Have you heard the Devoto/Shelley Buzzkunst album? Disappointing overall, but there's the odd great moment.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index