Your 10 favorite Post-Punk Groups ever

114 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
postyesterdayman
postyesterdayman
931 posts

Your 10 favorite Post-Punk Groups ever
Dec 30, 2004, 15:49
I know way too much about this suddenly hip period of noisemaking, as I know all of you do as well....so what is everyone's 10 favorite post-punk groups?
I'll start, in random order....
1. Teardrop Explodes (of-fucking-course!)
2.Wire (I always feel that the music of Cope brings out my light side and Wire does nicely for the dark, seamy underbelly.)
3.The Wipers (great Portland, Or band that all the grungers, especially ol Kurt, ripped off exceedingly.)
4.XTC (quirky at first, eventually produced the greatest pop record ever, Skylarking. Wilson and Beatles heads, don't freak out...that's just an opinion)
5.Joy Division
6.This Heat/ Camberwwll Now (mindblowing. Ripped off by late 80's Louisville Math-Rockers)
7.Japan (underrated...not very influential, but should've been)
8.The Damned (the PP era Damned was incredible, at least on Machine Gun Etiquette, and that's enough to justify 'em on my list)
9.Devo (weird pop is great sometimes, y'know?)
10.Chrome
Ok, for shiggles...10 you think are overrated or awful
The Cure (overrated, whiny, backward-thinking shite)
Yazoo, Haysi Fantayzee (who had Alfie Agius on bass after the drops sacked him), Gang of Four (after that Cheeseburger album when all the girls appeared), Shriekback, OMD, Human League (after the Heaven 17 guys left), Sham 69, The Police, gary Numan (after 1981).
Have fun with it!!! Post away!!! (I'm bored....sorry)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index