Unsung Forum »
your favorite band

Pages: 5 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
ballerman
5 posts

your favorite band
Jun 25, 2004, 15:21
Being an old git, my music collection span several decades and lots of different musical styles (apart from C&W- which I hate).

I am therefore interested in the likes/dislikes of fellow contributors, so nows your chance to vent your spleen and tell everyone else what you like or hate.

favorites of mine would include, Amon Duul II, Can, Cream, Taste, Jimi Hendrix, Grand Funk Railroad, Hawkwind, and lots more.

My dislikes are (C)rap and all of the industry controlled, manufactured music of today
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: your favorite band
Jun 25, 2004, 15:42
Way too many to mention really. How can I state the bands I really like? And tastes change, and there would be different 'favorite bands' any particular day really.

Of course the problem is most of my favorite bands are pre-1990.
Rock Wagram
Rock Wagram
316 posts

Jun 25, 2004, 15:44
Fav-or-rites...Mr Cope of course, Milkshakes, Mighty Ceasars,Headcoats, but Not Buff Medways (sound too much like the WHO whom i just cant stand,Keith Moons great ,but other than that, i hate em),Tiny Tim, Nina Simone, Neu!,Sabbath,Metallica ,Motorhead,Faust, bits of Popul Vuh, Yatha Sidhra, Nihishinon, the Seeds,Johnny Moped, Sexton Ming, The Handsome Family, James Brown, funk-period Miles Davis,Dock Boggs, the one GOOD Pink Floyd LP,Magma,Link Wray,bits of Acid Mothers Temple, Hawkwind,Fats Waller, Bukka White, John Lee Hooker, Pistols, not the Clash cept first LP and a couple of singles otherwise fugedit..and a thousand others.........Daniel Johnston! The 'Ledge!
Ones i fervently dislike no matter how damn positive to other peoples tastes: Smiths,Manics,Oasis,most of that indie shite..chart dance stuff that not just samples but totally takes a whole song and 'features' someone, and a bunch o spazzy dancers, J'LO, Posh friggin Spice (and friggin football) Kylie , BRMC,basically if it gets in NME it;s got a 75 percent chance of being crap or being made into crap.......puff pant rant
Still it;s all bleedin subjective innit?
lordsitar
257 posts

Jun 25, 2004, 15:49
i love beta band /cope/can/genisis(early)/damned/stranglers/cornelius/ash ra temple/guru guru/neil young/t rex/alan hawkshead/oz mutantes/jorge ben/pink floyd/the tangs/the action/the who/ the stones/the bunnymen/bent/the stooges/velvets/13 floor elevators/the seeds / silver apples/KRAFTWERK/human league/joy division/bowie/wah/les poppies/caladra/manitoba/japan/scott walker/glen cambell/zero7 acid mothers temple/the boredoms/beefheart/jesus rodrigez but at the moment i love air the most
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Jun 25, 2004, 15:52
I have very varied musical tastes. I like The Teardrop Explodes, Julian Cope, Brain Donor, Queen Elizabeth and LAMF.
Nat Hate
Nat Hate
445 posts

Jun 25, 2004, 15:57
We did a big thing a while back where everyone said their top 25 albums and it was all collated on another site somewhere - someone else will no doubt post the link. To read the original thread, click on "Size" to the right of "Last Post" on the red bar and it will come up near the top somewhere. I found it very interesting.
lordsitar
257 posts

Jun 25, 2004, 15:59
are they still going
Noah Vale
Noah Vale
299 posts

Jun 25, 2004, 16:01
I only like England football songs.

1.3 Lions with Frank 'EGOASBIGASHISARSE' Skinner

2.That one about We're gonna win

3. That One With The Spice Girls & that pasty looking bloke from The Crucial 3

4. That one about We're going 'All the way'
Rock Wagram
Rock Wagram
316 posts

Jun 25, 2004, 16:05
Heard the only good football song ever last night (whilst avoiding football) called Sven Sven Sven
(i think..)
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Jun 25, 2004, 16:05
Some of them are, some live only in the memory.
Pages: 5 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index