Unsung Forum »
never want to hear it again

74 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lugia
970 posts

Billy, Billy, Billy...
May 20, 2004, 16:58
Billy Joel did a LOT of complete drivel during his career, provable by the fact that he had his music turned into a Broadway musical with about as much plot and complexity as the music itself. Only other people I can think of who've had that happen are...feh....ABBA, with "Mamma Mia". The only track I can think of of his that isn't 110% poop is "Italian Restaurant", which is a really good example of 70s story-style work. However, "Piano Man" is also that, but much lamer, and IT was the one that got all the attention.

However, the one _I_ would like to hear about...and which might even be relevant to HH, if only in the same way that Sonny Bono's "Inner Views" was a hilariously BAD psychsploitation release...was his early 70s METAL album. YEP!!! And not only that, but it was by a metal DUO. Of ORGAN and DRUMS. Called ATTILA. And it has Billy on the cover in big hair and leather and so on...

It sounds like something that could make Spinal Tap seem like Air Supply...someone has GOT to find a copy of this gibberish!
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index