Unsung Forum »
Acceptable face of prog

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Riddley Walker
174 posts

Re: Camel
Jan 22, 2004, 18:04
I got the Snow Goose for a quid in a charity shop, its quite nice, relaxing. Having said that I have only listened to it twice.
Joolio Geordio
Joolio Geordio
1300 posts

Re: Colosseum
Jan 22, 2004, 19:13
Do u know where else they are playing Fitter?
boy howdy
boy howdy
185 posts

Re: Acceptable face of prog
Jan 22, 2004, 19:16
Definitely check out Van Der Graaf Generator albums from "H to He" on, and then if you like that consider delving into Peter Hammill solo albums.

Other than that, Bruford-era King Crimson is pretty choice.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Jan 22, 2004, 19:46
I think I'll wait until the remasters appear before buying any more VDGG. While I like Pawn Hearts I think the sound seriously suffers from not having been updated in 16 years.

When are these things coming?
and is Peter himself well again yet?

I take it that there are remasters of his solo discs also due are there?
and is it him that did the sleevenotes for Blood on the Tracks by Bob Dylan or is there another guy of the same name?
Stevo
Np Love Four SAilSinging Cowboy (unedited)
is it this computer or is Arthur's voice on the bonus tracks slowed down sounding?
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

Jan 22, 2004, 22:06
What is Gong PHP Trilogy, Lugia? Sorry for the ignorance.
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

PHP
Jan 22, 2004, 22:16
=Pot Head Pixes,Carlos
copefan
copefan
214 posts

Jan 22, 2004, 22:19
Just depends on which public school they went to............................Ha Ha Ha
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2612 posts

Jan 23, 2004, 00:03
Sorry, Joolio - I think they have just about finished what was apparently a very long tour starting last September. I know they played the London Jazz Cafe last week. But Hiseman said they'd be back very soon.

They don't appear to have an official website - how rock and roll is that?

Did you get to see Caravan by the way?
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2612 posts

Re: Camel
Jan 23, 2004, 00:07
Camel are a band I like, but don't love...sometimes they just annoy me. But lately I've been giving some of their stuff an airing. 'Breathless' is far and away their finest album to my ears (featuring Richard Sinclair, natch) but there are good things on the debut 'Camel' album, 'Mirage', 'I Can See Your House From Here' and 'A Live Record'. The last named has a much better live version of 'Snow Goose' than the original album of that name.

'House' aside, they were never the same after Peter Bardens quit.
Leon Bevan
120 posts

Jan 23, 2004, 07:11
Cheers for the info Fitter, sad news about H-Smith

Just obtained Jack Bruce's 'Things We Like' album which features Smith and Hiseman- got it 2nd hand for £6 on 'new edition' CD, but hearing it now - I would pay full whack - very jazzy and influenced by Ornette Coleman but brilliant!
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index