38 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Jul 07, 2018, 14:59
Re: That's that then....
Jul 07, 2018, 14:57
Hi Nigel, and others. I've been reading this topic and have made one or two irrelevant comments - not because I don't care but because there no longer seems any point in 'the ordinary people' talking. No one could possibly have known what an unholy mess would ensue or that Cameron would jump ship and leave his colleagues to fight among themselves digging themselves into a deeper and deeper hole. The ordinary majority are just baffled now but even in our bemusement most of us must know that a No Deal Brexit would be disastrous for the economy. I have listened carefully the outcome of yesterday's meeting at Chequers and what they have come up with sounds a reasonable compromise - so long as Michel Barnier doesn't dig his in heels in wanting to make the UK suffer unduly. To quote him: "Brexit is a loser's game. There is no added value to Brexit". Of course he is probably right, those who didn't know it before, know it now. He is the man who can make or break the proposals - the Irish Republic definitely want it to work.
I personally want it to work as cannot envisage undoing what has now been done.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index