Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

That's that then....
Jun 27, 2018, 17:49
We are on our way....HOORAY!!!

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/brexit-bill-becomes-law-allowing-uk-leave-eu-114348121.html

"Lest anyone is in any doubt, the chances of Britain not leaving the EU are now zero," International Trade Minister Liam Fox.

That sums it up nicely, now let's get on with it.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Edited Jul 01, 2018, 20:50
Re: That's that then....
Jul 01, 2018, 13:09
Let's hope not. It's not up to Liam Fox, the man who resigned in utter disgrace for asking a city financier to bankroll his "advisor" and was miraculously forgiven and brought back into the Cabinet. But he'd say so, wouldn't he?

But three glorious cheers for the fact that John Bolton, the nastiest, most pro-war, ex Fox News anglophobic member of the Trump administration is having secret talks with leading Brexiteers.

Or is that a selective lie of the gutter press and Brexit means Brexit, the people have spoken, in Trump we trust, eh? It'll all be fine, especially in Cornwall. They'll all get tons richer, Liam will ask the City to bankroll them.
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Jul 02, 2018, 23:17
I very much doubt the government give a toss about any "will of the people", but it can't hurt to sign this, can it? Have some semblance of taking (back?) some kind of control...

https://www.peoples-vote.uk/petition

G x
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Jul 03, 2018, 11:01
goffik wrote:
I very much doubt the government give a toss about any "will of the people", but it can't hurt to sign this, can it? Have some semblance of taking (back?) some kind of control...

https://www.peoples-vote.uk/petition

G x

The British People already had a vote. You cannot keep having election after election until YOU get the election result that YOU want in order to "take back some control"? To then hand that "control" over to the EU? Please explain what "control" you want to hand back to the EU? Is it Britain's commitment to Pan-European Land armies to invade the Ukraine, to police the Turkey and Israeli Borders? To sell out Scottish Fishermen? To shut down Dairy Production on Scottish Islands...? To enforce The Euro on bankrupt former Soviet "countries"... what are your "control" plans...?

"If the Brexit deal is rejected by Parliament, then we, the people of Britain, should have the democratic right to suspend Parliament." Now THAT would be more appropriate. Then we can vote in a proper government which is going to represent the Will of The People.

Remember "Freedom of Speech means the right for someone to say something you actively despise. If you don't believe in that, you don't believe in Freedom of Speech" (Merrick)
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Jul 03, 2018, 11:47
I was merely paraphrasing the nonsense spouted throughout this debacle. :) I am a great believer of freedom of speech, and this is mine. There's nowt wrong with signing a petition that is asking for a final say in the matter, seeing as the initial vote was basically "in" or "out". :D It's not asking for a second referendum, or to change the outcome of the vote, but to have a democratic say in the way it's dealt with. However I assume it will be completely ignored by the government anyway, seeing as they're just doing whatever the hell they want anyway. But it's nice to feel you're making a difference. Even if it's just saying "at least I tried". :)

G x
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Jul 03, 2018, 13:15
How is life in Little England?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 03, 2018, 14:13
It's not even about delivering Little England. No-one, not the least those who voted Brexit, have the foggiest what it's now about delivering. As Brian Cox has said:

"I don’t think brexit is about voters anymore. The government are blatantly, in plain sight, searching exclusively for a form of words or deal that does not fracture the Conservative Party."

The Nth version of those words will be produced on Friday. In code. Hoe the Hell anyone can think that's what was on the bus beats me.
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Jul 03, 2018, 17:00
Jul 03, 2018, 15:19
Vybik Jon wrote:
How is life in Little England?

That's an interesting concept and yes life in Little England is very fine. I live a bus ride away from it and visit from time to time. Predominantly though not exclusively white. At the end of the day I get the bus back to my noisy, scruffy town with its rundown centre of empty shops and just too many bloody coffee shops. Population made up from most E.U. countries but high representation of Polish and Romanian. Plus Indian, Asian, Chinese, and any other nationality you wish to name. Much like living in one of the poorer areas of London - rogue landlords and houses of multiple occupancy flourish. Little England is a foreign country to all but the well-off.
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Jul 04, 2018, 16:53
Lolz

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44704561
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/vote-leave-campaign-eu-referendum-spending-limits-brexit-beleave-boris-johnson-a8430191.html
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jul/04/vote-leave-breached-electoral-rules-watchdog-will-find-reports
Etc.

ANYWAY.

G x
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Jul 05, 2018, 09:06
Fake news!
lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala
Pages: 4 – [ 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index