35 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Jan 18, 2017, 20:17
Re: Obama commutes Chelsea Manning
Jan 18, 2017, 19:59
I owe my country bog all just because I happened to be born here. I do owe the other people here my humane treatment of them, however. Betraying an inanimate, amorphous mass of land in favour of actual living souls seems worthy of respect. If I knew British helicopters were haphazardly aiming rockets at civilians, I'd sure as shit tell someone about it, too, and I would not be a piece of shit in doing so. That kind of thinking is, to me at least, an obvious deflection from the actual acts brought to light. Like the Teardrops said re. treason: "It's just a story." Just because a bunch of crusty old crows devote their lives to playing war games doesn't mean we all have to join in with them. And if, like in these instances, you sign up because you bought the myth of the noble military man, only to find out that you're a cog in a machine which assassinates and tortures, the greater crime would be to continue to keep that machine well-oiled by giving it your time and devotion. These guys and gals did the right thing.

The military loathes whistle-blowers for the same reason why the police hate people with camera-phones: they stop them from being able to do just whatever they want.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index