18 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sin Agog
Sin Agog
2253 posts

Edited Jan 10, 2017, 19:31
Re: Meryl Streep
Jan 10, 2017, 17:45
Although I was watching the great doc The 13th recently, and the Clintons' part in adding the three strikes law amongst others to combat the notion that the Dems were soft on crime, all of which were arguably the most detrimental thing to happen to black Americans since Jim Crow, really is quite nefarious. That said, bringing up the Clintons every time Trump is mentioned reminds of when I'm having an argument with someone and they randomly drag someone else into the mix, as if it's got anything to do with their own actions. "Well, at least I'm not Myra Hindley", "I could be slinging heroin right now", "Yeah, well there are 140 ton whales out there, compared to them I'm hardly overweight at all." Doesn't really have anything to do with anything; just a bit of annoying sophistry.

ETA: Just saw you didn't directly mention Hilary, though you basically described her and Bill. I really don't understand how people fall for the illusion that Trump and Farage and co. are especially separated from these leaders you speak of. They're in constant cahoots with cats like Murdoch and groups like Alec, who are a lobbying group made up of right-wing businessmen and politicians designed to make bills to put through congress. The businessmen are the leaders, and most big-shot politicians also have business deals happening on the side. Constantly painting yourself as perennial outsiders, even when you've got the presidency, is mind-bogglingly addled thinking. Do you only stop being an outsider when Trump is made the Beneficent Carrier of The Universal Holy Sceptre and Loving Despot of all Six Dimensions? So you can't call someone a nigger? What of it? And how are the republicans, who are even more tied to the business of war than the democrats, now completely exonerated from their crimes because they have a new leader? Trump has vowed to increase military spending. Why, just so he can arrange fishing trips with his standing troops? It's all pretty confusing, dude.

U-Know! Forum Index