FFS

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: FFS
Aug 19, 2016, 10:47
There's been over 5000 jobs in the finance sector gone for a start. How do I know? I was working in the finance sector until the vote, now all that work is going overseas. So there's 5000 jobs lost!

We LOST £700bn! Remember that, because we're not getting that back anytime soon which means that whatever we make back will only reset our economy back to the point in which we started to lose. All the profit that would have been made has been blown because of idiots not understanding what the vote was about!

Nissan in Sunderland is looking to close their factories and move overseas, thanks to the EU vote, so MORE jobs lost!

There's uncertainty even more now regarding Tata steel remaining in the UK, so MORE jobs lost again!

And this is just the start!
nigelswift
8112 posts

Aug 19, 2016, 11:02
Captain Starlet wrote:
because of idiots not understanding what the vote was about!

How politically incorrect and factually true. One of the poorest and most EU funding dependent regions, Wales, had one of the highest Brexit votes. I just don't believe Westminster will see Wales OK, other than designating it the Welsh Powerhouse.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Aug 19, 2016, 11:13
nigelswift wrote:
Captain Starlet wrote:
because of idiots not understanding what the vote was about!

How politically incorrect and factually true. One of the poorest and most EU funding dependent regions, Wales, had one of the highest Brexit votes. I just don't believe Westminster will see Wales OK, other than designating it the Welsh Powerhouse.

Did you see the article in the Evening Standard the day after? People were actually saying they didn't understand it, they didn't think their vote would count, didn't do any research into it, just heard a few soundbites and thought we'd be better out! Sorry, maybe not politically correct but considering their stupidity cost me my job they're idiots!

I was, and still am, shocked by Wales's choice. I live in Wales and we get a huge amount of funding from the EU. In fact I really don't know how we're going to survive out of it as Wales has only existed in it's devolved state while we've been a part of the EU, so a huge problem here. One of the things I'm looking into at the moment is promoting tidal lagoons instead of the insane Hinkley C plan. Tidal lagoons will help boost local economies with construction, service industries, wildlife etc
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Aug 20, 2016, 00:28
Good for you, I have always thought tidal power as a very underused resource. Wales has the geography for it.
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Edited Aug 20, 2016, 10:58
Aug 20, 2016, 10:58
nigelswift wrote:

Incidentally, I resent being considered part of Project Fear. I voted remain because, by and large, Europeans are more civilised and compassionate than British Tories. How is that not a fact?

Then do not consider yourself part of Project Fear. That means you will lose your resentment.

There are some marvellous parts of Europe I agree. I was visiting friends in Paris at Easter. The streets around Republique were full of angry Syrians and Iraquis. You should see the WW2 trinkets you can purchase on the streets and tourist shoppes of Bavaria and Austria. By and large they are selling and wearing them in parts of the Ukraine just now.

The EU was never about civilised or compassionate people. Only a fool would think that. It was about debt creation, infiltrating member states and holding economies to ransom. It is a banker ram-raid in slow-mo. Some people look on and refuse to see what is happening. That is called Cognitive Dissonance. They think that by somehow calling other people in Europe "civilised and compassionate" that they can make the rest of the stinking picture go away.

Geographically Europe still exists. Those "civilised and compassionate" people still live there. We are free to go and visit them in Albania, Bosnia, Ukraine (soon to be) and any number of other wondrous places. However, Britain has voted to leave the exploitative banking cartel, not because politicians mired in the banking system wanted to, but because The People have seen it for the farce that it is.

How is that not a fact?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Aug 20, 2016, 11:45
Howburn Digger wrote:
The EU was never about civilised or compassionate people. Only a fool would think that.

Lucky I didn't say so then.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Aug 20, 2016, 14:25
It's perfect, there's going to be one in Swansea anyway but Newport and Cardiff have got until 2018 to get their applications in, which would supply electricity for the whole of Wales, making nuclear obsolete here
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Edited Aug 21, 2016, 10:53
Aug 21, 2016, 10:53
Captain Starlet wrote:
There's been over 5000 jobs in the finance sector gone for a start. How do I know? I was working in the finance sector until the vote, now all that work is going overseas. So there's 5000 jobs lost!

We LOST £700bn!

Is that the finacial sector that charged me £40 for being 37 pence overdrawn? Is that the financial sector which is now not only not paying interest on deposits but now threatening to levy negative interest (ie. charging people for saving).

Good riddance to them.

£700 Billion? Show me it.
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Edited Aug 21, 2016, 11:14
Aug 21, 2016, 11:13
Captain Starlet wrote:
It's perfect, there's going to be one in Swansea anyway but Newport and Cardiff have got until 2018 to get their applications in, which would supply electricity for the whole of Wales, making nuclear obsolete here

The Severn is an assett but not any kinda magic key. It wouldn't be sufficient to supply the whole of Wales I'm afraid. And unless electricity customers decided to go to work, watch TV and play on their computers in the middle of the night for half the time it cannot work except for about 25% of each day and even then the power outage simply ain't gonna be sufficient at all... not for a town like Barry let alone "the whole of Wales".
You see the tides are a moving feast... extracting a bit of power from a tidal race ain't the problem (though it does take some engineering and ingenuity). The problem is transmission and storage. There is the Hollow Mountain in Snowdonia but that is it. It can only supply a small boost to the kettle rush before Eastenders in the Bangor area. And that's it.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Aug 21, 2016, 13:18
Well here's the thing, there's already been reports from actual experts that I base my view on which say that it can!
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index