Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Boston Marathon bomber Tsarnaev sentenced to death
May 18, 2015, 14:55
Rhiannon wrote:
No need to apologise for your opinion!

Buut my only rejoinder would be, if you're using the 'ultimate deterrent' argument, is there any evidence that it really does put people off committing such crimes? It sounds like it doesn't -you say it's 'a daily occurrence' (hopefully it's not that common) - so surely the threat of being put to death actually isn't making sufficient difference?

Certainly not to a radical it isn't!
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

May 18, 2015, 14:59
thesweetcheat wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
It is one thing to kill a person in a sudden attack of anger, but planned killing is abhorrent to all and the perpetrators should expect the very worst when they are brought to justice. According to all reports Tsarnaev shows no remorse whatsoever.

"Planned killing is abhorrent to all", yet the death penalty is okay? Not sure how you square that particular circle.

I'm sure you do.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

May 18, 2015, 15:03
eh? do elaborate*. Do you mean premeditated killing is ok if you're representing the state, but it's bad if anyone else does it. That we just have to accept the logical inconsistency of that?
(*you clearly think it's obvious but you'll have to be more obvious...)
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

May 18, 2015, 15:19
Rhiannon wrote:
eh? do elaborate*. Do you mean premeditated killing is ok if you're representing the state, but it's bad if anyone else does it. That we just have to accept the logical inconsistency of that?
(*you clearly think it's obvious but you'll have to be more obvious...)

No, I think I have made it quite clear and you know EXACTLY what I mean so please don't try and twist things. I will politely drop out of the discussion now.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

May 18, 2015, 15:31
no no I don't! genuinely!
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6218 posts

May 18, 2015, 18:48
?

I don't follow.
laresident
laresident
861 posts

May 19, 2015, 03:15
I hadn't given it much thought till now but I like the way you put that.
Robot Emperor
Robot Emperor
762 posts

May 19, 2015, 13:20
billding68 wrote:
you know if you think your so fucking smart figure out a way for these animals to stop killing the innocent and leave the websites to us lesser forms. fuck you the bastard deserves death take you ethical dilemmas elsewhere. had your child lost its limbs in the attack im sure you'd be yelling for this cocksuckers head on platter fucking pacifist bullshit rhetoric the meek shall inherit the earth six feet deep, join them.

Thing is your reaction is exactly what these kinds of terrorism are seeking to provoke. You represent the success of their atrocity.
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index