'Great' Britain

17 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: 'Great' Britain
Apr 21, 2015, 16:56
Hmm, interesting thought, and I do agree, I think we should be a forward looking nation, sadly many people are obsessed with 'the good old days' and only focusing on the negatives of the world today. I see a lot of positive in the world, apart from the negative, and I find it much healthier. Would love to get out for a few days in the country though, sadly trapped in a city, no car and a full time job I can't afford to take leave from, but getting back to nature, so to speak, I think is great for everyone, there's no bigotry in nature.

I'm pretty sure that in the next few years ukip will be crawling back under their rock, the bnp were getting their name out in 2009, look where they are now! I know this has always been around, maybe now it's more organised thanks to things like the internet which gets like 'minds' get together and come up with something that actually doesn't make much sense with no basis in education. I don't really see any sense in hatred. I have problems with showing them empathy, my parents grew up during the same era as many of the people who are guilty of being these racist...etc types. Ok my mother's pretty right wing, but not to any point that's in any way excessive or abusive, she's just opinionated, but she also grew up in the Midlands where there were already mixed communities. Maybe demography ha a part to play? However, I find it difficult to find any empathy towards them, I managed to learn for myself how to live with people, learn that non whites and non UK born people aren't to blame for the state of the country. I do believe it's more convenient to blame someone else for our own failings than face them ourselves. However, how difficult is it to not to be so hate filled? Must be hard work!

U-Know! Forum Index