The SNP, and the 44.7% who voted 'Yes' in the ref, have emboldened UKIP

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

The SNP, and the 44.7% who voted 'Yes' in the ref, have emboldened UKIP
Nov 10, 2014, 17:56
The SNP/Yes campaign blame being part of one political union for Scotland's 'ills', and say that said union is draining Scotland by sucking away at its natural resources (oil, and all that crap).

UKIP blame being part of another political union for the UK's 'ills', and say that said union is draining the UK by sucking away at its resources through immigration.

Why there are still those out there who can't draw the parallels is beyond me.

x
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: The SNP, and the 44.7% who voted 'Yes' in the ref, have emboldened UKIP
Nov 10, 2014, 18:08
Sorry but that's grasping at straws somewhat! The EU is not, nor ever has been a part of the UK, and considering the deliberate misleading BS that come from ukip in the demonising of the EU and the UK I'm amazed anyone with a shred of education takes them seriously! We get far more out of the EU than we put in. I don't believe the same can be said of Scotland.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2555 posts

Nov 10, 2014, 22:28
sanshee wrote:
The SNP/Yes campaign blame being part of one political union for Scotland's 'ills', and say that said union is draining Scotland by sucking away at its natural resources (oil, and all that crap).

UKIP blame being part of another political union for the UK's 'ills', and say that said union is draining the UK by sucking away at its resources through immigration.

x

They certainly have not :-(
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Nov 11, 2014, 23:14
Nov 11, 2014, 22:39
sanshee wrote:

x

Because there is no correlation. Natural riches are for Scotland, and should be (and in some circumstances shared) but not stolen. As your NO campaign worked with a huge sense of fear, does not mean that the SNP are down. Quite the opposite. The SNP and UKIP are polar opposites. There is a huge rise in SNP members and voters who are fed up with The Labour Party who do not deliver on social dynamics and equality. Figures show, that migrants have a positive impact on the economy.

You won the vote and now are a bit worried, that the YES campaign was correct all along and Labour MP's may be lost. Tough titty! Regional (ha!) dissent in England and Wales? A good idea, but who planted that seed in the first place?
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited Nov 12, 2014, 10:15
Nov 12, 2014, 09:39
**Natural riches are for Scotland, and should be (and in some circumstances shared) but not stolen.**

Bit like jobs? When foreigners come 'over here' and take them?

You've just proved my point.

Congrats!

EDIT: Wind power up here? *See UK subsidies*

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2013/may/22/scotland-independence-cost-billions-renewables
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited Nov 12, 2014, 10:13
Nov 12, 2014, 09:48
'The Westminster Elite/political establishment' is a great line and undoubtedly has a lot of truth in it and much to feel aggrieved about.

UKIP roll this out as do the SNP/ did the 'Yes campaign'.

Of course UKIP want to be part of that elite and if Scotland had separated all that would have happened is a whole new system of same old shite would have happened anyway.

'Oh but we'll just vote out anything we don't like! says the Yes voter.

Oh well perhaps, but you really think you can overthrow an entire system?

Are Yes voters really that naïve?

They must be.

Then we have this little gem.

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/People/Young-People/gettingitright/named-person

And a few who have fallen victim to it.

http://no2np.org/

Every child under 18 given a named guardian even although 16/17 year olds got to vote up here and some of them are even married or in the army.

Ace!

Anyways I thought we didn't agree with 'nothing to hide nothing to fear'?

Well the SNP and their 'policies' scare me silly.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Nov 12, 2014, 10:33
It's about looing for a bogeyman, both the SNP and UKIP do that.
Same moves, different tropes.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Nov 12, 2014, 11:57
Nov 12, 2014, 11:30
sanshee wrote:
It's about looing for a bogeyman, both the SNP and UKIP do that.
Same moves, different tropes.

Of course that happens, but sometimes politics goes a bit further. How you can compare both parties is quite frankly scaremongering, and you lot won! I was home about a month ago, and I didn't sense a huge amount of change, probably because it's there anyway! Apart from the fact that there were three leaders of the main Scottish parties that were female, which was fantastic. Where did the Scottish Labour girl go, Johann Lamont, ousted probably. She wisnae happy with the elite. Jim Murphy I respect though, although he's not exactly Tony Benn! (edited a bit).
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited Nov 12, 2014, 11:50
Nov 12, 2014, 11:50
'Scottish Labour girl' was useless actually, Ruth Davidson quite competent but still a tory and Sturgeon is a joke.
Does it matter if it's 'all women'?
Bit patronising I say!
UKIP and the SNP do exactly the same thing and Salmond was so disgusted at Westminster he's talking of standing again.
What do you think of the named guardian thing?
I think you said you work in the NHS, I am sure you encounter child protection issues here and there?
EDIT: Jim Murphy seems a good choice to me.
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Nov 12, 2014, 12:11
Nov 12, 2014, 12:04
sanshee wrote:
'Scottish Labour girl' was useless actually, Ruth Davidson quite competent but still a tory and Sturgeon is a joke.
Does it matter if it's 'all women'?
Bit patronising I say!
UKIP and the SNP do exactly the same thing and Salmond was so disgusted at Westminster he's talking of standing again.
What do you think of the named guardian thing?
I think you said you work in the NHS, I am sure you encounter child protection issues here and there?
EDIT: Jim Murphy seems a good choice to me.

It seems like progress to me, that the 3 main Scottish politicians (for a while) were female. Isn't that good, considering women weren't even allowed to vote some years ago?
Nicola Sturgeon is a good leader and pretty clued up, so you're wrong there.

You lost me on child protection, what do you mean by that?
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index