The SNP, and the 44.7% who voted 'Yes' in the ref, have emboldened UKIP

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Re: The SNP, and the 44.7% who voted 'Yes' in the ref, have emboldened UKIP
Nov 14, 2014, 17:04
Drewbhoy you can say it's not about the SNP all you want and I believe for many it probably wasn't but they would have been 'central to negotiations' and even now Sturgeon isn't telling us how she'll improve Scotland which is her REMIT she is banging on about another ref.
I think we deserve better up here!
If a pan-UK party came along and had genuine plans for the 'whole' of the UK that made sense for all of us (you do feel the kinship I hope) then I'd be right in there.
I found the whole separation agenda and the attempted grab at the NHS quite disgusting actually.
Bevan created it with the whole of the UK in mind, not just 'Scotland', or even just 'England'.
Does it need fixing?
Absolutely, and like I say a 'pan-UK' solution is what we need.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Nov 14, 2014, 17:13
Captain Starlet wrote:

You'll find all political parties do that.

Yes then they can be voted out this could not have been!
Get it?
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Nov 14, 2014, 17:16
Oh hating someone for being 'English' one way or another was always a recurring theme.
Mind you never heard of specifically targeting 'countryfolk' from 'middle' England, that's a new one.
Bit difficult to have a go at some poor sod living on nothing in some dilapidated high rise in the East end of London that's too close to 'Westminster' so don't count as much.
See what we had to put up with?
Astralcat
Astralcat
742 posts

Edited Nov 14, 2014, 18:23
Nov 14, 2014, 18:19
sanshee wrote:
Oh hating someone for being 'English' one way or another was always a recurring theme.
Mind you never heard of specifically targeting 'countryfolk' from 'middle' England, that's a new one.
Bit difficult to have a go at some poor sod living on nothing in some dilapidated high rise in the East end of London that's too close to 'Westminster' so don't count as much.

I don't pretend to understand the intricate finer points of it. I really don't. I don't live in Scotland, I hope I have a grasp on it that's informed, but I do know what's happening here as well, and I have zilch time for parochialised bollocks from wherever when there's a much larger shit storm cloud looming, and as for totally asinine generalisations, you're spot on there.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2557 posts

Edited Nov 17, 2014, 23:11
Nov 17, 2014, 23:10
sanshee wrote:

I can't remember any Anti English stuff apart from the usual drunken yobs sadly and these people had nothing to do with the YES camapaign. Still I agree with you that they are complete idiots. I do remember thousands of people marching up and down in Edinburgh, some playing drums, some flutes all supporting the No campaign. These people are equally idiots. Quite rightly you condemn anti English sentiment, it is racist and has no place in any society, the same as sectarianism...................
Markoid
Markoid
1621 posts

Edited Nov 19, 2014, 20:02
Nov 19, 2014, 09:47
I got an O level in arithmetic, the rest I just couldn't work out! Oh, tertiary and political science, economics, psychology. Blah, blah blah (degree) and in person...forget it! The Middle England I was talking about was a reference to UKIPer's and not necessarily the countryside in any way, shape or form. It may be an olde-fashioned term now, but as scentient political beings, you should kinda catch my drift.

I find politics rather confusing :)..........but direct!

Sanshee, if the Scottish education establishment and record is so good, how come you fell off the boat?. Joking :).

It's good.
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2557 posts

Nov 22, 2014, 03:00
Agreed, the politics of hate and division can never be allowed to win. One day we'll all wake up and find out being nice is a good thing. Idealistic I know but worth hoping for!
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2557 posts

Edited Nov 22, 2014, 03:04
Nov 22, 2014, 03:01
sanshee wrote:
Captain Starlet wrote:

You'll find all political parties do that.

Yes then they can be voted out this could not have been!
Get it?

But you can't defeat hope.....................surely..................
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index