U-Know! Forum »
I luv this!

Pages: 5 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lawrence
9547 posts

I luv this!
Mar 13, 2012, 15:53
I luv hearing about how tyrants' families are so dysfunctional. I exult that any of these vermin die...

http://www.laht.com/article.asp?ArticleId=477875&CategoryId=14094
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Re: I luv this!
Mar 26, 2012, 03:15
Do you support capitol punishment, out of interest?
Lawrence
9547 posts

Edited Mar 26, 2012, 13:06
Mar 26, 2012, 13:05
Only for people who torture and kill for political reasons. That soldier who killed children in Afghanistan deserves the death penalty in my opinion, for example.

Don't get on a high horse when you support Pinochet-loving Thatcher.
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Apr 03, 2012, 09:08
Not on any "horse"...and did not support Pinochet; but I am interested in morality around capital punishment. It's a difficult subject for me, especially in later (my) life.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Apr 03, 2012, 13:37
Not so difficult for me. I think all murderous Fascists should die.

Besides I really don't understand how you could let Maggie's support for Pinochet pass like this. I think that this trend of being apologists for tyrants based on the excuse that they somehow 'helped' their country is reprehensible and rather transparent concerning such peoples' agenda.
stray
stray
2057 posts

Apr 03, 2012, 13:45
Lawrence wrote:
Not so difficult for me. I think all murderous Fascists should die.

Besides I really don't understand how you could let Maggie's support for Pinochet pass like this. I think that this trend of being apologists for tyrants based on the excuse that they somehow 'helped' their country is reprehensible and rather transparent concerning such peoples' agenda.

Well, Geoffrey has no problem voting for George Galloway either, another apologist for tyrants (George is also a campaigner for tyrants too in the case of the Iranian Regime). Geoffreys lack of ability to debate rationally (which is why most of us don't even bother to reply to his posts) is basically just down to a complete ignorance of politics and politicians.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Apr 03, 2012, 13:52
To be fair I don't think geoffrey was as bad as giantleech or Quexalcote (neither of whom I miss, certainly!) I don't really care if such a person as geoffrey stays here, I just stand my own ground no matter how unpopular it looks to the rest of this board. (I don't mind sharpening my debate skills anyhow -- seems like something I've improved in remarkably. Abilify has helped in me not being off the deep end anyways...)
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Apr 03, 2012, 14:15
Lawrence wrote:
I just stand my own ground no matter how unpopular it looks to the rest of this board. (I don't mind sharpening my debate skills anyhow -- seems like something I've improved in remarkably. Abilify has helped in me not being off the deep end anyways...)

I knew that aripiprazole is used to treat bi-polar disorders bit I see on Wikipedia that "In 2009, the United States FDA approved aripiprazole to treat irritability in persons with autism". I know you have Aspergers Syndrome, Lawrence, is it for this reason you're prescribed it?
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Apr 03, 2012, 14:19
Apr 03, 2012, 14:18
Lawrence wrote:
(I don't mind sharpening my debate skills anyhow -- seems like something I've improved in remarkably. Abilify has helped in me not being off the deep end anyways...)

heh, understood. Personally I still like seeing how far I can go when I do go off the deep end. Only in an online debating environment obviously, not in the run around outdoors screaming at and upsetting people that I used to do.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Edited Apr 03, 2012, 15:07
Apr 03, 2012, 15:06
Yes.

And it works too. Takes the edge off. Might not work for everyone, obviously. Anti-depressants are funny that way...
Pages: 5 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index