U-Know! Forum »
I luv this!

Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: I luv this!
Apr 03, 2012, 15:13
Well I take the attitude of been there done that. I think I've improved from the old paranoid I was on this forum early on (if anyone hits the search button for my old fights with Quexalcote, for example.) I mean, some of the stuff I've said in the past was off-the-wall and a bit crazy, some of which I regret. I think with the help I've gotten both chemically and through counseling has paid off, along with being a more mature fellow over the years, I'm much better and more approachable...
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Apr 03, 2012, 15:21
Lawrence wrote:
Yes.

And it works too. Takes the edge off. Might not work for everyone, obviously. Anti-depressants are funny that way...

Yeah, I've been on a few myself over the years: fluoxetine (naturally) escitalopram and venlafaxine. I found venlafaxine to be most effective. Stray encouraged me to get off them!

Does it affect your creativity, positively or negatively?
Lawrence
9547 posts

Apr 03, 2012, 18:29
Well it doesn't affect my creativity except I'm not as spastic or wild as I was. I think it payed off -- I tried all other alternatives and they did not work.
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Apr 04, 2012, 03:37
Well, a little realism might be useful. I doubt whether all Labour supporters in UK approve of Blair's foreign policy. In the same vein, I have no support for Pinochet. I thought this should be fairly straightforward thinking?
Nobody is perfect...are they?
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Apr 04, 2012, 03:44
Just for the record, I am not chemically-enhanced or de-tuned (whatever the opposite is..).
Don't rise to this as some form of provocation...I just wan't to be clear about my "integrity". I don't think I have posted anything here I wouldn't stand behind now - that said, I know there are "archivists" here who would check carefully that I am not talking crap.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Apr 04, 2012, 10:24
What exactly makes you think that?
Lawrence
9547 posts

Edited Apr 04, 2012, 10:29
Apr 04, 2012, 10:26
Saying you don't support Pinochet is one thing, but Thatcher... I'm pretty sure her support for Fascism isn't any kind of accident or gaff. Mind you I'm just as disgusted that Tony Blair choose to be too close to the disgusting likes of Bush. Personally I wouldn't piss on Thatcher if she were on fire.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Apr 04, 2012, 14:23
Lawrence wrote:
Personally I wouldn't piss on Thatcher if she were on fire.

I would.
MrsSevenrealm
MrsSevenrealm
204 posts

Apr 04, 2012, 14:50
Nicely done. I'm not a ghoul, but when that woman dies I'm putting out flags and balloons.
Yes, really, I have them waiting patiently in my kitchen cupboard.....whenever you're ready love.....
Lawrence
9547 posts

Apr 04, 2012, 15:20
That's not what I meant. It's an American expression -- of course I'd piss on her grave. Just not to help her out... >:D

Anyways what she said about Pinochet was more than just saying something, it was designed to get that despicable tyrant away from prosecution. It's worse than saying you support a Fascist dictator (which is bad enough. You only have to look at the vile comments on Youtube videos such as the Crimes of Pinochet to know this...)
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index