A/V?

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Edited Apr 06, 2011, 07:23
Re: A/V?
Apr 06, 2011, 06:10
I'm surprised there are any "no" votes on this forum. Never mind punishing Clegg or current issues, AV means there can never be an undiluted Tory government in Britain ever again. That's a hell of a good, civilising mark to put on the future and it's a one off chance, born of a freaky election result and it may not come again for many decades, if ever. Do people want to make absolutely certain there'll never, ever be a second Thatcher era or not?! ;)
Rockabilly
Rockabilly
206 posts

Apr 06, 2011, 13:52
nigelswift wrote:
I'm surprised there are any "no" votes on this forum. Never mind punishing Clegg or current issues, AV means there can never be an undiluted Tory government in Britain ever again. That's a hell of a good, civilising mark to put on the future and it's a one off chance, born of a freaky election result and it may not come again for many decades, if ever. Do people want to make absolutely certain there'll never, ever be a second Thatcher era or not?! ;)

Here here vote yes
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Apr 06, 2011, 16:45
The choices are so poor, I found myself contemplating voting SNP just to see the look of sheer terror on their faces if they did get a clear mandate. Not going to though.

Can I also add: The Scottish Homeland Party? WTFF is that all about?
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Apr 06, 2011, 16:49
Wot 'e said. But, mostly on that first count
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Edited Apr 06, 2011, 19:54
Apr 06, 2011, 19:51
Salmond/SNP creeps me out. Seriously. He's obsessed with 'Scotland', in the worst way. They even sit with folders ebmlazened with saltires at those meetings they have. It's either laughably cartoony or blood curdlingly sinister, not sure which and would rather not know!
Having said that, was at the Golden Jubilee hospital recently (which it seems caters for ' NHS waiting times') - a bit out the way for me (but did get transport) and by jesus it was *lush*. I can't beleive we get such a thing for free in this country!
Don't think that happened under his charge exactly, but does tell you something's going right somewhere.
x
rojo
rojo
433 posts

Apr 06, 2011, 20:23
nigelswift wrote:

Or indeed another Blair dictatorship! I agree and whilst its not a solution to the FPTP system its gotta be an improvement
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Apr 06, 2011, 21:22
rojo wrote:

I agree and whilst its not a solution to the FPTP system its gotta be an improvement

Yeah, but imagine if the TOTP system went that way. Nothing could ever truly get the 'number one spot'.
;-)

x
wychburyman
951 posts

Apr 07, 2011, 20:01
Hmmmmmm

I'm in two minds

I'm a believer in true PR. Something I've come to realise will never come to fruition in this country in my lifetime.

So AV I would vote for but now the implications have left me all confused.

HELP!
toasted-whippet
toasted-whippet
86 posts

Edited Apr 11, 2011, 19:16
Apr 11, 2011, 19:16
nigelswift wrote:

Well I am in the "vote no to damage Clegg" camp, but the above has my interest all piqued.

How so?
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Apr 11, 2011, 21:02
Perhaps this article may shed more light?

http://thethirdestate.net/2011/04/rome-wasn%e2%80%99t-built-in-a-day-why-i%e2%80%99m-voting-yes-to-av/
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index