Voting for the lesser of two evils

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Blake
Sep 08, 2002, 16:47
Blake is one of two people (outside those i actually know and spend time with) who inspire me more than any others*.

I actually cannot comprehend anyone describing him as "dull" in any way, or in comparison to any one. I accept that there are those who dislike his work for one reason or another. But dull? The Book of Urizen dull? The Marriage of Heaven and Hell... dull?

I'm not as familiar with Ducamp as i should be; and what i know i dig. But to see Blake as "dull" next to _anyone_. My mind boggles.

* The other being Einstein.
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

n back to the original topic
Sep 09, 2002, 10:26
Interesting to see that it looks like Schroeder may win anyway now! Bush’s crazy war has done him a grand favour by enabling him to come out as a fighting pacifist! Reckon it would probably take, oooh, a fortnight maybe if he won he election to be convinced back again of course, but, hey ho…on we go.
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Re: Blake
Sep 09, 2002, 10:27
Duchamp changed the world! Or at least the way we see it. No Duchamp, no dada, surrealism, or most of twentieth-century art in fact. Possibly.

In comparison, I think anyone would be dull! A tad harsh maybe, but, hell, I am!!
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

chooices choices??
Sep 09, 2002, 10:27
Great article about fruit n veg as sold in supermarkets in sats guardian. Utterly blows away any notions of ‘choice’ being available. A great example of the way capitalist scumbags lie to us.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/weekend/story/0,3605,786430,00.html
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Re: Voting for the lesser of two evils
Jul 01, 2004, 13:14
with the US elections coming up, and interest in these boards from many American heads right now, I thought it might be informative to bring this thread to peoples attention.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jul 01, 2004, 13:22
Yeah, I'm wondering if I should vote Kerry in order to get rid of Bush. I hate Kerry obviously but is he the lesser of two evils? Thing is I think he's not-much better and both candidates are so equal I don't think either are lesser.
ron
ron
706 posts

Jul 01, 2004, 13:45
i'm tellin' ya... gotta vote bush... it's a no-brainer.

1 term of bush = $519 trillion debt
2 term of bush = well, not quite sure wot that number is and many cleaver folks i work with aren't even sure of wot 2 x 519 trillion is, but it most assureadly will equal the financial colapse of the us government... let the revolution begin!

x
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Jul 01, 2004, 14:02
It'll all end in tears y'know. Just you wait until november and Lawrence posts on here "Following Ron's advice..."
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

1.38 quadrillion
Jul 01, 2004, 14:03
numbers huh?
ron
ron
706 posts

Re: 1.38 quadrillion
Jul 01, 2004, 14:19
thanks! although that really doesn't sound as bad as wot we were guessing in normal converstion mode w/o inet access... uh a ga-zillion?, or a ba-gillion? still it gets a larf although not from the IMF which i understand is quite concerned at the current us level of debt...

x
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index