U-Know has gotten quite boring

Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Re: A blast from the past
Aug 09, 2010, 18:26
Your posts are not unwelcome, and nobody wants you to leave. I hoped you'd be prepared to at least occasionally admit some of us might have a point, and be prepared to change your mind, but there you go. That's not an easy thing to do, and most people do it only with great difficulty.
keith a
9573 posts

Re: U-Know has gotten quite boring
Aug 09, 2010, 18:40
grufty jim wrote:

Are you suggesting that someone should be allowed to continually post snide remarks about other board members without anyone calling them on it?

Not at all. But it works both ways.
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Aug 09, 2010, 18:41
grufty jim wrote:
pooley wrote:
Spot on Keith.

Why is he "spot on"? What is it about geoffrey_prime's came-calling that you are defending? If I regularly responded to your opinions on this board by posting little digs and sarcastic remarks about you, while never actually engaging with the things you wrote; are you suggesting that it would be out of order for you -- or someone else -- to ask me to behave in a less antisocial manner?

Are you suggesting his behaviour makes him a victim here?

I'm not defending any name calling ( not sure what he is supposed to have called anyone) or his views, some of which I find repellent. Or the hi jacking of the thread you mention earlier.

But....

People on here have been vile to him, just because he has a different opinion, because he votes Tory , because he dares to disagree with what many think on here.

I'm not defending prime, i just think that if a forum such as this has to resort to jumping down the the throat of a posters whose opinions differ to there own... Well, it's a poor show.

In the end, what does it really matter?
Prime is either a troll, in which case why is everyone one on here feeding him? Have we learnt nothing from dodge one (who I still wish would return, just in a pleasanter guise)

Or he is a contributor who has different opinions than the majority on here. When treated the respect shown to most posters here, he has responded thoughtfully. And discussed the issues. When his opinions are met with derision, and idiots calling him Tory boy, well he responds in kind.

I don't like many of his opinions, but I wound rather have a place were all opinions are welcome, not just those who agree with merrick, or other higher profile posters.
keith a
9573 posts

Aug 09, 2010, 18:41
Vybik Jon wrote:
I could almost have typed that for you!

I'm sorry I've become so predictable.
pooley
pooley
501 posts

Aug 09, 2010, 18:42
Vybik Jon wrote:
That's the typical reply I expected to see.

EDIT: I was going to add more as my own resposne was woefully short and slappy, but grufty jim has said it better.

Typical.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Aug 09, 2010, 18:43
Nah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjsh2j7W6Bo

Isnn't this is ?

lOVE.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Aug 09, 2010, 19:14
It ain't a matter of differing opinions. It's about how annoying Geoffrey is -- he seems to have taken over most of the recent threads here with his stupid comments.

As a matter of fact, I'm kinda disgusted giantleech (asshole that he is) hasn't reared his head ever since he was called out on his (stupid) racism. Besides which he actually got me banned on another forum -- apparently there goes the cons belief in free speech. If giantleech really believes he's a (ahem!) 'brave' American he'd still be here providing supposed 'balance' to this forum, but no...

But Geoffrey is simply just a clown who doesn't realize everyone has stopped laughing.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: A blast from the past
Aug 09, 2010, 19:19
PMM wrote:
Your posts are not unwelcome, and nobody wants you to leave. I hoped you'd be prepared to at least occasionally admit some of us might have a point, and be prepared to change your mind, but there you go. That's not an easy thing to do, and most people do it only with great difficulty.

Hear hear! I actually like jshell anyways, even if I don't agree.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Aug 09, 2010, 19:30
Hooray!!!
dave clarkson
2988 posts

Edited Aug 09, 2010, 20:23
Aug 09, 2010, 20:13
You don´t have to apologise. I don´t really care. The U-Know forum is at best a giggle and at worst a predictable exercise in political puffing of chests in all directions. As for rational and informed political discussion without spin, ´´sorry´´ but sadly it rarely exists here.....

8)
Pages: 8 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index