U-Know! Forum »
witchcraft

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Freyja
22 posts

Re: witchcraft
Jul 16, 2002, 21:10
I am of the nose tradition and my normal name is joanne. I have heard about the land being used at milton keynes, bought i believe by the Land-guardian fund, organised by a charity called Odinshof. I have briefly met a 'mature' couple who practiced there.
Freyja
22 posts

Jul 16, 2002, 21:17
I understand what you are saying, and indeed there are an awful lot of twats in all religions, (check the jJ?W's recently). My point was that whatever a persons faith, if that person lives a decent life as possible, cares for people and surroundings, then its about time they stopped being persecuted. I use the term Pagan in this kind of conversation, only because its a term that most people have heard of (but not necessarily understand). I think its great if people have a faith and have never understood why wars break out (ok, maybe this child abuse thing warrants one, sure) in the name of religion. no-one truly knows what lies at the edge of the big picture, most like to think there is a greater force at work, and there is no right or wrong way to journey there either. i also respect anyone (such as yourself) who knows themselves and their own beliefs (or not), whichever.

i like to believe that I'm not one of the loonies..!

thanks for your comments though
Freyja
22 posts

Re: pagan
Jul 16, 2002, 21:18
yes yes yes, i have to agree with that one.
and also, any religion that tolerated child abuse...
Freyja
22 posts

Jul 16, 2002, 21:25
I have to say though, that I don't actually like labelling myself really as anything, i believe what i believe and do what i do, live as I live. but people need to know what i'm on about so i use the terms witch, pagan whatever. I am of the norse tradition in methods but flatly refuse to be a part of any organisation (even the pagan federation). This was after witnessing something quite dreadful by a bunch of neo-nazis who turned up at a summer solstice gathering and started sprouting on about the fact that england was their magic etc etc.. I won't state the organisations name, but it was done in the name of the northern tradition (not norse, but teutonic) violence too, now they were a buch of assholes. I will not go into anything that would ever be political.
Freyja
22 posts

Jul 16, 2002, 21:26
ha ha ha

burn the witch...!!

tell you what though - they'll never find my third nipple!!!
Wotan
Wotan
606 posts

Re: which craft?
Jul 16, 2002, 21:47
Whatever your belief or religion, its an acutely personal thing. How many times have we closed the door on the Sally Army or those nice Mormon or Jesuit boys with their smart suits and headfull of answers?

a Belief is just that, a conviction in something, an aspiration to a concept or whatever - its not something you should use to beat others into submission with because you think it is RIGHT!!

A witch or a pagan or druid or whatever should have the right to stand proud and declare their belief without being laughed at, shouted down or stoned. People get steamed on homophopia, but do gay people become incensed or feel threatened by straights?

I have a very personal belief, which borrows from a lot of natural religions such as pagan or wiccan etc, and also reflects 4W common sense stance, its mine, it works for me and I cherish it - I dont go around beating the crap out of people or bothering them at home with pamphlets, but it doesnt make it any less real.

Its not you thats odd Freyja, its the rest of the sheep. Difference is, youve looked up from munching grass and seen the shepherd.

x ride on - and its a lovely name btw

w
PaulB
188 posts

Re: which craft?
Jul 16, 2002, 22:07
Can I interest you in a pamphlet on Mindless Consumerism?

What a great idea! Think how many 'followers' of Microsoft there are. Our corporate magickal sigils are bigger than your corporate magickal sigils etc.

I think any organised religion is a bit suspect, but each to their own etc.
Wotan
Wotan
606 posts

Re: mindlessness
Jul 16, 2002, 22:35
and what about Star Trek? never get on the wrong side of a Trekkie. ooer!
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Jul 16, 2002, 23:21
I understand your comments Freyja. I think maybe that there is a little more openess to the (for want of a better phrase) 'pagan' life and beliefs than you may suppose. If you look at the sheer proliferation of pagan and pagan related sites on the internet, as well as the rapid growth of material available in many mainstream book shops, I think its fair to say that, while paganism may still seem somewhat 'out there' in comparison to mainstream religions and even popular culture, there is I feel a greater acceptance of pagan belief and thought than there was say 10 years ago.

You clearly seem happy and confident in you particular treading of the path anyway. So that's gotta be a good start?! Looking at the glass half full for a change!
Bless!
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Jul 17, 2002, 09:23
>> as well as the rapid growth of material available
>> in many mainstream book shops

But this is just bandwagon jumping in 95% of cases and the ones that aren't doing this aren't necessarily in the mainstream shops.
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index