82 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Edited Nov 06, 2009, 22:26
Re: State of confusion. another 30 billion
Nov 06, 2009, 22:00
At no point in this thread have I said what my beliefs are. So there hasn't actually been any criticism of my beliefs. Just criticism of... well, me really :)

Here's how I understand things.

I'm a teacher. There is something that I understand myself to a very high level of detail and I pass on what I understand to other people. They give me money in return.

If I want to share what I know, just telling someone is generally a crap way of doing it. The best learning takes place by a process of guided self observation. So I ask questions. My pupil will respond by either demonstrating understanding, or not. Either outcome will then lead to another question. Generally, after a while, and after breaking down my subject into lots of very simple and rational questions, things will start to make sense to them.

There are rules to this game of course. I never ask a question I don't already know the answer to. And I don't always try to answer any questions that are put to me, with questions of my own. Sometimes just giving an answer is the best way forward.

But that's my chosen subject. I'm not a teacher of politics. I certainly have an opinion, and if quesioned about any aspect of what I believe, I will at least try to give an answer. But I'm not trying to tell anyone what to think. I'm just asking people to think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQqq3e03EBQ

Anyway, thanks for the kind words, squid, and thank you to Merrick for providing an answer to my question.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index