Head To Head
Register
U-Know! Forum »
It's really gonna kick off (well....maybe)

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Right...
Oct 23, 2009, 13:54
...before my impotent rage kills me I'm gonna forget about this and move on. To Giils v Charlton tomorrow.

This post helped calm me down...

http://enemiesofreason.blogspot.com/2009/10/now-let-these-idiots-fade-away.html

x
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2557 posts

Re: It's really gonna kick off (well....maybe)
Oct 23, 2009, 13:57
Good man, being Scottish I always found it strange that the BNP candidates try to win votes up here (they have some influence with the Casuals and Rangers fans, Orange Lodge etc..). More bizarrely and embarassingly their leader in Scotland, Gary Raikes stays in the same town as myself, Salmond is our MSP/MP. Needless to say I'm pleased to say the he hates my guts and Aberdeenshire/Grampian/Moray almost completely ignores his comments except for the "minus a brain crowd".
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Oct 23, 2009, 14:39
grufty jim wrote:

Don't you see any difference between interviewing the BNP, scrutinising them and forcing them to justify their warped beliefs; and inviting them onto a mainstream show with high ratings to give their views on the postal strike and Afghanistan?

Well none of that happened, did it?

x
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Oct 23, 2009, 14:42
sanshee wrote:
grufty jim wrote:

Don't you see any difference between interviewing the BNP, scrutinising them and forcing them to justify their warped beliefs; and inviting them onto a mainstream show with high ratings to give their views on the postal strike and Afghanistan?

Well none of that happened, did it?

x

The BBC have implied that this will be the first of several invites for Griffin. Do you think every time the BNP are on, the entire show will be dedicated to them? There was one non-BNP question last night. Next time there'll be two. After that?

I've continually said that this is not about an overnight change in the BNP's position in society. It's taken a long, long time for the National Front to get to the point where they are wearing suits on Question Time. This is just another step in their evolution towards the mainstream. And it was an avoidable one.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Oct 23, 2009, 14:49
Yes, but as I said, now he's shown millions he ain't 'concerned with skin colour at all' what kind of voter's he gonna attract now?

I feel some 'BNP activists' will be disgusted by that.

There's already dissent I believe. He's already a 'sell out' to some.

Could be the start of the end IMO.

x
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Oct 23, 2009, 14:52
And the 'party' is broke apparently, in the fiscal sense.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Oct 23, 2009, 14:55
His position on 'muslims' was a peach too.
Oh and all that stuff about the Ice Age.
Weird.
x
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Oct 23, 2009, 14:56
sanshee wrote:
Yes, but as I said, now he's shown millions he ain't 'concerned with skin colour at all' what kind of voter's he gonna attract now?

I feel some 'BNP activists' will be disgusted by that.

There's already dissent I believe. He's already a 'sell out' to some.

Could be the start of the end IMO.

x

Disagree. These days even the most idiotic fascist understands the need for media savvy. We all know Griffin runs a racist party. People whose political beliefs are shaped by their racism know this too and are unlikely to defect to the LibDems because their leader exercises discretion on national TV. The BNP have the racist vote locked-in already. The danger is when they start appealing to a broader audience, and acting like a moderate on telly is a great way of doing that.

Griffin has given speeches in which he told his followers that they had to tone down the racism "in public". They understand the game he's playing. I only hope everyone else does.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Oct 23, 2009, 14:59
Moon Cat wrote:
And the 'party' is broke apparently, in the fiscal sense.

So are most political parties though. Labour is carrying significant debt, for instance.

The BNP is clearly incompetently run, and I'm hoping that they fall apart completely. But the more publicity and legitimacy they receive, the less likely that is to happen.
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Oct 23, 2009, 15:02
I didn't see him as a moderate. I saw him as 'lost'.
If what you are saying is to be held, then his appearance actually makes no difference anyway.
The curious would have found nothing to perk their interests, and the faithful will let him sing 'the world's a bil ole melting pot' and it'll make no great shakes either, being in on the scam.
Honestly each and ever one of us have the power to elect this lot right now if we so choose (the real scary bit) and we're flapping about Question bloody Time!!
Anyway, maybe the BBC can't be arsed with the liability of it all for the future.
x
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index