Thatch falls

Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Re: In Memorian: Margaret Thatcher
Jun 16, 2009, 18:03
Old bitch will probably snuff it at 5.30pm on a saturday, so that nobody can get down to London in time.
Deepinder Cheema
Deepinder Cheema
1972 posts

Jun 16, 2009, 18:21
PMM wrote:
Old bitch will probably snuff it at 5.30pm on a saturday, so that nobody can get down to London in time.

I wonder'd why BBC Radio 4 was playing plaintive dirge when I was travelling down the M1 past Lutterworth. Luckily I was with a BBC staffer who recognised the music as standard dirge music on emergency CD, as the Queen Mother (or shapeshifting lizard by David Icke) it transpired later, had died. I wonder if Thatcher will get the same treatment.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Thatch falls
Jun 16, 2009, 18:42
"A day of quiet remembrance hands the mic to her acolytes. It means her ideas are more accepted, and therefore more likely to hold sway in future."

Sure, but I didn't mean quiet reflection at home. By all means let thousands of people gather in Trafalgar Square, but let them remember what she did and the people that suffered, not bay for the blood of a dead woman.
maggiethatcher
2 posts

Thatcher's death anthem and piss anthem!
Jun 16, 2009, 21:16
There are 2 great tunes for when she snuffs it - Thatcher's death anthem by The Maggie Thatcher Experience ( on iTunes - http://www.DeathAnthem.tk ) and The Lady's not for Burning (Piss Anthem) - video at http://www.maggiethatcher.com/video.html - They are asking people to download them the week she dies to get them in the charts and to number one ( http://www.FlashMobDeath.tk )
Apparently the songs were written cos band members (from Sheffield) lost a father during the 1984 miner's strike at Orgreave.
Penske666
161 posts

Re: Thatcher's death anthem and piss anthem!
Jun 17, 2009, 10:57
Loving the Maggies dead website
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Jun 17, 2009, 11:32
I hope you are free to protest/celebrate as you like. I will be interested to keep an eye on whether there is a "groundsewll" of support emerging for this...personally, I doubt whether it will come to anything..but then you would expect me to say that anyway!

I am concerned that you seem to blame Thatcher for the sinking of the Belgrano, as something other than a legitimate act of war - which is what I thought had been agreed, by both sides?
PMM
PMM
3155 posts

Jun 17, 2009, 11:42
shot by both sides...
geoffrey_prime
geoffrey_prime
758 posts

Jun 17, 2009, 11:49
and further..
Didn't lose myself in the crowd
I was shocked to find what was allowed
jshell
333 posts

9/11 bringing peace in Ireland....
Jun 17, 2009, 12:25
Merrick wrote:
jshell wrote:
Ironically, the people who brought us peace in Ireland were the 9/11 terrorists

Not sure how you work that out. The Good Friday Agreement was signed more than three years befroe 9/11.

The real peace only came about after 9/11. When 'W' & 'Dick' decided to start the War on Terror, they had a problem: The US had been financing terrorism in the UK for years through the Noraid organisation and preventing extradition of IRA suspects to the UK. So, Bushs' speech: "If you feed, clothe, finance or harbour a terrorist - you ARE are a terrorist!" was an exercise in abject hypocracy. Before the WoT started, McGuiness and Adams were hauled in, told their budget was being cut as the US now had to be seen not to sponsor any terrorist activites, and so the money and protection (particularly from extradition) was cut off. The Republicans had no option but drop the violent struggle and pursue other means.

Now, that's perhaps a simplistic view, but fairly accurate nontheless.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Jun 17, 2009, 13:08
Occasionally I forget just how vile a person she was, thanks for reminding me with that clip, PMM. It seems a characteristic of almost every politician that they view those who would seek hold them to account with contempt. None more so than Maggie. What a thoroughly nasty human being she is.

And that's without even touching on the policies.
Pages: 9 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index