Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Feb 04, 2009, 23:20
Re: Carol Thatch
Feb 04, 2009, 23:14
Deepinder Cheema wrote:

I recall a very disagreeable rapper fellow who may have had a tune called return of the mack - he went to prison, probably for carrying a weapon. He even wrote a tune about how thoroughly pissed off he was for the temerity of the authorities to incarcerate him, I think it was called 'No prison can hold me' he wound up doing Community service, but quite a while into before it transpired that the Probation Service realised that the Rapper had delegated one of his acolytes to knock off the hours for his Community Order.

yeah, I remember him - Mark Morrison. He got arrested for trying to take a Taser gun onto an aeroplane, and then sent a double to serve his sentence for him whilst he fucked off to Barbados! You couldn't make it up...
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Edited Feb 05, 2009, 08:58
Feb 05, 2009, 01:16
Disclaimer: She's tainted and hated by her bloodline IMO. And I'm Captain You-can't-punish-the-children-for-the-parents'-crimes

I've been thinking about this a lot. Apparently it was Andrew Murray she was referring to.

Had he dyed his hair red and she'd said "jolly gosh, he looks like a Mick!!!" It would still be as reprihensible. (So, that shoulda got the PC mad squad off my back.)

But, this was a private conversation between workmates. It should have been done with internally: "sorry, we can't have that, you won't be working with us any more". Quietly, behind the scenes. Why do we know about this?

Edit: The news have changed their tune about it being Andrew Murray
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Feb 05, 2009, 09:24
I was always confused with the 'Return of the Mack' thing anyway.
I thought 'return'? Who the hell are you? And your song is too lame to even state something so bold:-)

x
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Edited Feb 05, 2009, 10:28
Feb 05, 2009, 09:34
I sort of don't mind Carol Thatcher. She seems a big hearted jolly clumsy sort, not like her mum or her brother at all IMO, even though I'm sure we'd probably not get along that much.

What's else is emerging from this though is even more BBC backsliding.

Think there's gonna be a hell of alot of 'updates' on that front.

Speculation is it was Jo Brand who spread the word, inderectly. She was so offended she needed an apology from another executive who wasn't even there.

What's wrong with her no one interested in her crappy peroid pain jokes anymore?

She did belong to that awful 'alternative comedy' thing that was supposed to be sooooo edgy but ended up being terribly righteous, incredibly dull, conservative, and ever so polite.

Gah!

x
dee
1955 posts

Feb 05, 2009, 11:45
I think that the lot of them should be beheaded just to be on the safe side.
shanshee_allures
2563 posts

Feb 05, 2009, 12:41
What, golliwogs or Brand etc?
:-)

x
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Feb 06, 2009, 10:27
it was Jo-Wilfried Tsonga - cousin to Charles N'Zgobia, apparently.

So, the BBC won't let a piss poor presenter use a racist term in a private conversation, but it's perfectly okay to edit pieces to make white working class blokes appear racist - http://www.vimeo.com/3065190
Wiggy
1696 posts

Feb 06, 2009, 11:06
When will people leave the Scots alone!?!? =;o)
dan_tuesday
dan_tuesday
31 posts

Feb 06, 2009, 16:39
I think her sacking was totally justafiable, Gollywog is an offensive term and she should have known better than to use it, surely she could've thought of a far more suitible term to use?!
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Feb 06, 2009, 16:44
dan_tuesday wrote:
surely she could've thought of a far more suitible term to use?!

Quite. The guy's name perhaps?
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index