(S)Hell Beach - Glengad

13 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Dogma
19 posts

Re: (S)Hell Beach - Glengad
Aug 30, 2008, 13:23
Stevo wrote:
Why exactly do you think people are protesting this nationally. You're right you don't know ANYTHING about the situation.

Shell appear to think they are in a position where squaring the circle is basic math instead of simply impossible. Putting a high pressure gas pipeline through landslide prone unstable bog land. using rusty pipe that's been sitting in Killibegs becoming progressively worse to go through acidic soil that eats concrete, plastic, or whatever the piping is made of or lined with. & going within 100 yards of residential property. Closer still to where people will be driving daily. That is to say under the roads used.

& this forced on a local population who are against the idea.

So should I listen to your non informed opinion or go with what I know?
Don't think I'm very interested in engaging with you. There are enough similar trolls on indymedia.ie to ignore as it is.
Stevo

I've read a lot of the Indymedia site, and there seems to be strong feelings on both sides. Both sides seem completely entrenched, never to meet in the middle. There is a lot of crap from both sides. I did also read that the Govt are getting 25% Corp Tax tho' from a high-risk exploration area.

I was going to highlight the problems with your statements about pipelines/corrosion/soil conditions/housing proximity, but hey, lets not as we'll never agree. The people commenting on Indymedia can get on with squabbling and misinformation, and you can save your time for the beach.

U-Know! Forum Index